Citing a report at the Carolina Journal, Breitbart said Thursday the home of the parents of Republican Congressional candidate Pat Harrigan was the target of a shooting on October 18. Harrigan, the Journal said, “is running against Democrat state Sen. Jeff Jackson in NC’s 14th congressional district.”
Harrigan’s children were in the home, only a few feet from where the shot entered the house. Fortunately, no one was hurt, and an investigation is reportedly ongoing.
The Journal adds:
Hickory Police Department (HPD) responded to the incident and noted the crime was perpetrated with a firearm. Kristen Hart, a spokeswoman for HPD, told CJ that the department does not have any arrests or updates related to the incident as of publication date.
“No one was injured, but the officers investigating did find evidence of a bullet casing which is being looked into,” Hart said.
The investigators tasked with overseeing the incident could not be reached for comment. According to Craft, the investigation is now being handled in a coordinated effort between local, state, and federal officials.
The event comes in the midst of a fairly negative campaign between the two NC-14 candidates, with Harrigan recently challenging Jackson to a debate in an open letter and Jackson questioning Harrigan’s residency in NC-14. While residency in the district is not required for congressional races, some voters consider it a negative if a candidate resides outside.
Making matters worse, Newsbusters tells us the so-called “mainstream media” has remained largely silent:
The leftist media spent most of the past week wringing their hands over an allegedly politically motivated attack against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul but they have been silent on a shooting that took place at the home of Republican North Carolina congressional candidate Pat Harrigan’s parents. The shooter fired a gun through the window of the home where his children were sleeping, but thankfully no one was injured or killed.
ABC’s World News Tonight, CBS Evening News, and NBC Nightly News all ignored the incident on their Thursday evening newscasts. Instead of reporting on the latest violent attack against Republicans, the three networks decided local weather reports and a cotton shortage allegedly caused by “climate change” were all more important stories than a Republican candidate’s family’s home getting shot at.
Breitbart also observed:
On October 27 the Charlotte Observer noted that Harrigan wrote an open letter claiming the political campaign had become so vitriolic that he “wears a bulletproof vest to major public events and has received a death threat.”
In the letter, directed to Jackson, Harrigan said Jackson filmed a political ad in front of one of Harrigan’s Hickory homes in late September, and claims the ad opened his family up to greater danger.
Harrigan wrote, “As I travel, wherever my family is located, they are significantly less safe with me in this race. And they are even less safe now that you’ve shown one of my homes to the world.”
Writing at Newsbusters, Kevin Tober emphasized what we already know:
If Harrigan was a Democrat, the networks would’ve reported on this and used it as another example of Republican rhetoric killing “democracy.”
We already know the leftist media seeks to downplay violent attacks against conservatives while hyping violence against leftists.
For some time now, Joe Biden, the lying demented fraud who denied the outcome of the 2000 election, has been stoking anger and rage among his unhinged far-left base. Thanks to Biden’s unhinged and irresponsible rhetoric inciting violence, Republicans have literally come under fire from what can only be called domestic liberal terrorists.
It wasn’t that long ago that an 18-year-old Republican was run down and killed because someone thought he was an “extremist.” Recently, U.S. Senate candidate Don Bolduc of New Hampshire, a Republican, was assaulted at a campaign event. Republican gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin was the target of a wannabe-assassin at a campaign event in New York.
On the same day Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was assaulted, Republican gubernatorial nominee Darren Bailey and his family were the target of a vicious death threat that “prompted a lockdown of downstate schools associated with the state senator and his family.”
Meanwhile, Biden and his fellow Democrats, along with their willing propagandists in the lying liberal media, want you to think that Republicans are a “threat to democracy” and prone to acts of political violence.
John Nolte reminds us of just a few acts of liberal terrorism against Republicans:
- Violent attacks by left-wing activists on Trump supporters leaving a rally in California in June 2016
- Riots in November 2016 in several Democrat-run cities after Trump was announced as the winner of the election
- Riots in Washington, DC, during the inauguration of President Donald Trump in January 2017
- Violent rhetoric at the Women’s March, and threats against Trump supporters throughout the Trump presidency
- The shooting and wounding in 2017 of Republican members of Congress on a baseball field by a crazed left-wing gunman
- The summer of rioting by Black Lives Matter supporters — tolerated or encouraged by Democrats — in the summer of 2020
- Threats of rioting prior to the 2020 presidential election, forcing businesses in Democrat-run cities to board up their windows
- The attempted stabbing of New York Republican gubernatorial nominee Rep. Lee Zeldin at a campaign rally
- The alleged murder of a teenager in September after a North Dakota man said he suspected the boy was a Republican
- The vicious beating of a volunteer for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) by men who said Republicans were not allowed in the area
- The alleged biting of a supporter of Republican gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon by a fan of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D)
- Death threats last week against Republican gubernatorial nominee State Sen. Darren Bailey in Illinois
- A physical attack on New Hampshire Republican nominee for Senate Don Bolduc (allegedly by a local libertarian)
- The attempted assassination of Justice Brett Kavanaugh following the leaked draft of the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade
- The fire-bombing and targeting of pregnancy centers and Catholic churches by pro-abortion activists in the wake of the Dobbs decision
We can go on, but you get the idea. Joe Biden is directly responsible for the recent political violence that has taken place against Republicans and their supporters. It’s time to call him out for it and hold him accountable.
- ‘Election Denier’ Joe Biden Demonizes The Rest Of Us
- Biden Warned That His ‘Reckless Rhetoric’ Is Inciting ‘Violence’ (Video)
- Thanks, Biden: Illinois Republican, Family, Target Of Death Threat On Same Day As Pelosi Attack, Biden Silent
- Lying Demented Fraud: Biden Attacks Half Of America In Hate-Filled Speech Full Of Lies (Video)
- Liberal Terrorists Vandalize GOP Office Three Days After Unhinged Biden Incites Violence With ‘Semi-Fascist’ Smear
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.