The letter, fortunately, never made it to the senator, as it was caught at an off-site mail facility in Washington, D.C., CNN said.
The question now is, how long will it be before propagandists in the Democrat-media complex blame conservatives or the Tea Party as they always do when something like this happens.
A post at Twitchy notes that some on Twitter have already made the connection.
“Probably right wing terror groups sent Ricin to all 16 “Traitor” Republican Senators to end gun control filibuster,” one person said without providing any evidence.
But that’s the way liberals work. They don’t need evidence, just the accusation.
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) said members were briefed that the substance had been found in a letter and a suspect has been identified.
McCaskill said the letter came from an individual who frequently writes to lawmakers. She wouldn’t identify the person but confirmed officials had identified someone.
Politico also reported:
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Invasive Species
The incident comes one day after three people were killed and 176 were injured as two bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon. Lawmakers speculated on the unfortunate timing. The FBI is investigating the Boston bombings as an “act of terrorism,” though whether domestic or international is unclear. President Barack Obama will travel to Boston on Wednesday.
No doubt, soon we’ll hear hosts at various news outlets blame this on conservatives or the Tea Party.
Video follows, courtesy of the Gateway Pundit:
- New York Times’ Nick Kristof politicizes Boston Marathon bombing, backtracks
- Forest Service representative blames Tea Party for Boston Marathon bombing
- Explosions rock Boston Marathon, unexploded devices reportedly found
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- At least 12 killed at Batman movie, media attempts to blame Tea Party
- Arizona Congresswoman shot, liberals target Palin, Tea Party
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.