It seems Lena Dunham is the latest left-wing celebrity to
threaten promise that she’ll move to Canada if Donald Trump wins in November.
On Monday, The Hill reported that Dunham said she’d flee the country if Trump is elected president.
“I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will,” she told Andy Cohen at the Matrix Awards on Monday.
“I know a lovely place in Vancouver and I can get my work done from there.”
Of course, we all know it’ll never happen — celebrities always threaten to leave if a Republican wins and they never do. They like the freedom and the money too much.
The reaction on Twitter is pretty much what you’d expect:
@thehill Excellent news!take our poll - story continues below
— MikeWurst (@grumpycurmudgeo) April 26, 2016
— FirmGreen (@firmgreen) April 26, 2016
Could it be true?
@thehill thousands more people just signed on to vote for Trump thanks to this frump
— Scott Crowe not in this together (@Independt_Man) April 26, 2016
Don’t let Dunham’s television career fool you; she’s also been named one of Glamour’s women of the year, one of 2012’s “Brave Thinkers” by The Atlantic. Among her brave thoughts? Gentrification of New York City “will seriously f**k our s**t up,” she told attendees of a campaign fundraiser.
Now there’s a real profundity. On the upside, her leaving could improve the nation’s collective IQ up a few points…
- Madeleine Albright: ‘A special place in hell’ for women who don’t support Hillary Clinton – Video
- Video: College students don’t know who won Civil War
- Rapper Azealia Banks: Sarah Palin should be gang-raped by black men
- Obama email likens voting to sex, wants voters ready for ‘second or third’ time
- Desperation: New Obama ad compares first-time voting to losing virginity