While appearing on the most recent edition of “Life, Liberty and Levin,” L. Lin Wood, an attorney representing Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, said CNN, the cable outlet once dubbed the “least trusted” name in network news, is set to be hit with a lawsuit worth more than $250 million for what he called “vicious” and “direct attacks” against Sandmann.
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” he told Mark Levin.
“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.
“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him,” he added.
“The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies,” Wood said.
He further said that the lawsuit is set to hit on either Monday or Tuesday, “at the latest.”
The Fox News report added:
Several days ago, The Post published an editor’s note admitting that subsequent information either contradicted or failed to confirm accounts relayed in its initial article. The editor’s note was not satisfactory to Sandmann’s legal team.
Sandmann, a junior at Covington Catholic High School, became a target for outrage after a video of him standing face-to-face with a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, while wearing a red Make America Great Again hat surfaced in January. Sandmann was one of a group of students from Covington attending the anti-abortion March for Life in Washington, D.C., while Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples’ March on the same day.
Sandmann and the Covington students were initially accused of initiating the confrontation, but other videos and the students’ own statements showed that they were verbally accosted by a group of black street preachers who were shouting insults at them and the Native Americans. Sandmann and Phillips have both said they were trying to defuse the situation.
Here’s video posted by Fox News:
The interview is set to be aired on Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 10 pm EST.
- Now facing $250 million lawsuit over coverage of Covington Catholic kids, WaPo quietly whispers ‘uncle’
- Attorney warns: Those who continue to lie, libel Covington boys can expect intent to sue letter ‘this week’
- Insufferable jerk Bill Maher smears Covington teen Nick Sandmann: ‘F*****g kid,’ ‘little pr**k’
- More liberal terrorism: Attorney representing Covington Catholic teens gets bomb threat — Report
- Liberal hate: SNL writer Sarah Beattie offers oral sex to anyone who punches Covington student in the face
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views:Are you fed up with the liberal mainstream media? If so, go here and get this t-shirt/DVD combo for only $16.95 (32 percent off!) and help spread the word: