On Monday, station WIBW reported that 39-year-old Robert Bulk, an educator in Atchison, Kansas and a county Democratic Party co-chair, was arrested Friday on charges of electronic solicitation of a child and sexual exploitation of a child.
According to WIBW:
According to Atchison Police, the alleged crimes, involving a male child under the age of 16, occurred between March and June.
Bulk has been placed on administrative leave from his duties with Atchison’s USD 409, pending what Superintendent Dr. Susan Myers calls the resolution of the case and further board action. He has worked for the district for 17 years.
Bulk has additionally been asked to step down from his position as the Co-Chair of the Atchison County Democratic Party.
Bulk, the Party said, has been asked immediately resign from his position and turn over all responsibilities to his co-chair until the matter is resolved.
In addition to the felony charges, he was also arrested on misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, WIBW added.
Writing at Daily Headlines, Steven H. Ahle noted:
…Because of the timing, it’s hard to tell if he really wanted sex or was merely making a bid to join Hillary’s campaign as the vp candidate. He has all of the qualifications as he is also the president of the local teachers union (and a member of the statewide National Education Association’s board of directors).
“Now, if only he runs a bogus charity and has a private email server, he is a cinch,” Ahle added.
He is currently being held in the Atchison County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Virginia Democrat says he’s okay with extermination of five million Americans
- Hypocrisy: List of 26 gun-owning Democrats who participated in anti-gun sit-in
- Video: Louisiana Democrat attacks Declaration of Independence, says ‘all men are not created equal’
- Minnesota Democrat quits race after tweet saying ISIS ‘isn’t necessarily evil’
- Democratic Pennsylvania Attorney General Faces Felony Charges