While speaking at a campaign event Sunday evening, Judge Roy Moore announced that he plans to sue the Washington Post for a series of hit pieces on him, his wife, his foundation and his campaign, Breitbart reported.
“Shortly after becoming the Republican nominee for the United States Senate, the Washington Post published an article attacking me, my wife, my Foundation for Moral Law in Montgomery, Alabama, on my salary,” Moore told a crowd of about 100 supporters at the Huntsville Christian Academy.
“They said I took over a million dollars,” he said. “There were not a million dollars. I wish I had a million dollars. In fact, I didn’t take the money they awarded me for a salary because I had my own recognition and opted to embrace that salary myself and not take anything from the foundation. So my salary collection wasn’t so much. Over eight years it would have been about $87,000 a year—so I had to take a note and a mortgage for the rest of it. But I never got the money. So, the Washington Post finally realized this after they published an article saying my wife and I got a million dollars, saying, ‘you didn’t pay taxes for what you didn’t get.'”
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
“So I was wondering where they got that idea—they talked about control of the money, we didn’t have control of the money,” Moore added. “Anyway, to make a long story short, they kind of failed. So about 30 days before the general election, just the other day, the Washington Post published another attack on my character and reputation because they are desperate to stop my political campaign. These attacks said I was with a minor child and are false and untrue—and for which they will be sued.”
According to Breitbart:
The crowd jumped to their feet for a standing ovation for Moore, breaking into applause in the Christian high school gymnasium.
A comment request sent from Breitbart News to Washington Post editor Steven Ginsberg, who, per a Post reporter, edited the story on Moore, was not returned on Sunday evening.
“These attacks are over things that supposedly happened 40 years ago,” Moore said. “Some of you aren’t old enough to remember 40 years ago because you weren’t born, but if you were born it’s difficult to go back 40 years ago. I’ve been married for 33 years, nearly—it will be Dec. 14. Got to remember that.”
The crowd laughed again.
Moore went on to explain why the salacious hit piece came out just 30 days before the election.
“There’s the Democratic Party, they don’t want to see me in the United States Senate. There’s the Republican establishment, which has spent over $30 million to keep me out of the United States Senate. You put them together, and they realize my opponent is 11 points behind. They’re desperate,” he said.
He also explained why the GOP establishment is terrified of him.
“You saw, why would the Republicans want to back the Democrat?” Moore asked. “Doesn’t that seem strange? Odd? Well, not so, because they’d rather have him for two years and then elect a Republican from the establishment then elect me and have me there for two years. They are all in it together.”
Keep in mind, that the GOP establishment now working against Moore is the same establishment that preferred Hillary Clinton, the most evil person ever nominated to the White House by a major party, to Donald Trump.
One man asked: “Judge Moore, how soon can you initiate your lawsuit on the Washington Post?”
“We have to investigate the charges, which is what we’re doing,” Moore said in response. “They only published this last week. And now we’re finding a lot of things that need to be brought into the public light that haven’t been yet. As soon as we get ready, we will give them notice before that time.”
As Breitbart reported Sunday, the mother of accuser Leigh Corfman contradicted a key detail in the Post’s report, and, Breitbart said Sunday, “Nancy Wells, 71, further stated that her daughter would not have come forward if it weren’t for The Post reporter’s alleged actions.”
“She did not go to them,” Wells said. “They called her.”
According to Aaron Klein:
Wells was asked about Corfman’s motivations for going public. “It wasn’t done for politics, you know,” Wells replied. “It was done for personal reasons. And it wouldn’t have been done if the reporters hadn’t contacted my daughter.”
Asked about the timing of The Post interview and why 38 years after the alleged incident her daughter decided to speak out weeks before the election, Wells replied: “She was contacted by the reporter. That’s why.”
Wells comments seem to indicate activist behavior on the part of the Washington Post reporters.
In The Post’s article, the newspaper concedes that it approached the women, but it does not state that it worked to convince any of them to go public. The Post did report that the women were initially reluctant to go public.
Moreover, one of Moore’s accusers has worked for prominent Democrats, something the Post failed to disclose. And the Post endorsed Moore’s Democrat opponent prior to the scathing report.
Despite the reports, Moore continues to maintain a double-digit lead over Jones:
— Emerson College Polling (@EmersonPolling) November 12, 2017
- Mother of Roy Moore accuser contradicts key detail of sexual misconduct story — Breitbart
- Mitch McConnell implies he may not seat Judge Roy Moore if he wins election
- Roy Moore Accuser Worked For Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden; ‘Likes’ Soros-linked Groups [VIDEO]
- Alabama ABC affiliate unable to find single voter who believes WaPo hit piece against Judge Roy Moore
- Judge Roy Moore to Hannity: ‘Some evidence of collusion’ in WaPo smear