“Do you care whether four Americans died?” he asked.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
Newsbusters’ Noel Sheppard provided a transcript of the exchange.
DAVID GREGORY, HOST: The president said this week on the issue of Benghazi, “You guys are running out of things to ask about.” So let me ask you, at the end of the day here on Benghazi, if the worst thing is true, what is that truth about how the president handled the– this crisis?
SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN (R-ARIZONA): Well, I don’t know the answer to that question. I do know that there are so many answers we don’t know. For example, what did the president do the night of the attack? We know that– well the– well, the secretary of defense and the cha– chairman of joint chiefs of staff on– another issue and then never talked to them again.
We know that the security of state, who said she was clear-eyed never saw the warnings about the fact that the consulate could not– s– withstand an attack. Why was that? We don’t even still know who’s– we’ve had five different versions of who put together the talking points. We want to know why the president alleged to Mitt Romney in the debate that he had called it a terrorist attack when he hadn’t, and an interview that very night of September 12th, he’d said he didn’t know what it was.
And for two weeks later, kept saying he didn’t know what kind of an attack it was. And in testimony with secretary of defense and chief of sta– the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff both said they knew that night. There’s– so many questions about Benghazi. We’ve had two movies– about getting bin Laden and we don’t even know who the people were who were evacuated from– the consulate the next day after the attack. So there are many, many questions. And we have had– a massive cover-up on the part of–
DAVID GREGORY: But a massive cover-up of what?
DAVID GREGORY: –I mean, Susan Ri– wait a minute–
DAVID GREGORY: Susan Rice said there was a lot of–
JOHN MCCAIN: Do you care–
DAVID GREGORY: –confusion.
JOHN MCCAIN: Do you care–
DAVID GREGORY: I’m asking you–
JOHN MCCAIN: Do you care to–
DAVID GREGORY: –what is the Republican way–
DAVID GREGORY: A cover-up of what?
JOHN MCCAIN: Of the information– concerning the deaths of four brave Americans. The information has not been forthcoming. You can obviously believe that it has. I know that it hasn’t. And I’ll be glad to send you a list of the questions that have not been answered, including what did the president do and who did he talk to the night of the attack on Benghazi?
And why was it? Why was it that we– that the f– the people who were evacuated from the– from the consulate the next day were not interviewed the next day. And then they would’ve known that it was not a spontaneous demonstration. Why did the president for two weeks, for two weeks during the heat of the campaign continue to say he didn’t know whether it was a terrorist attack or not?
Is it because it interfered with the line of Al Qaeda has decimated? And everything’s fine in that– in that part of the world? Maybe. We don’t know. But we need the answers. Then we’ll reach conclusions. But we have not received the answers. And that’s a fact.
Here’s a video of the exchange
The fact is, every single operative of the entire Democrat-media complex has bent over backwards to cover the administration’s backside on this and every other issue.
“Kudos to McCain for standing up Sunday and pointing out the hypocrisy for all to see,” Sheppard wrote.
“Hopefully this clip will be played over and over in newsrooms across the fruited plain in the coming days so that Gregory’s colleagues will be similarly shamed,” he added.
But this crowd has no shame. They’ve proven over and over and over again that they’re nothing more than willing propagandists for the Democrats. As Pat Caddell once said, today’s “mainstream media” has become the enemy of the American people.
- Report: CNN used footage of fake Palestinian casualty in coverage
- Joe Biden: White House counting on ‘legitimate media’ to help push gun control
- CNN video implies racism plays a role in petitions to secede from United States
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Democratic strategist: Media purposefully suppressing news that would hurt Obama
- Democratic strategist warns: Mainstream media ‘enemy of the American people’
- Distrust of mainstream media at all time high, poll says
- Post-election survey shows vast majority have no confidence in mainstream media
- Majority of voters view media as biased and unethical
- Questions raised after CNN admits finding, using murdered Ambassador’s journal
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews admits liberal media bias
- Liberals duped by satirical Todd Akin breast milk article, attempt to smear GOP
- Liberals duped by The Onion attack Bachmann over ‘reaction’ to Sikh shooting
- Media coverage of RNC convention compared to Soviet-era Pravda, Hugo Chavez
- MSNBC falls for satirical blog post, runs it as real news
- New Republic falls for fake picture of Obama skeet shooting on parody site
- Report: Media hiding liberal views of former cop sought in California murders