While participating in a joint news conference with his Brazilian counterpart Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry praised Brazil for its commitment to global warming initiatives, and said Barack Obama is set to take unilateral — read, dictatorial — action if Congress doesn’t do his bidding, CNS News reported.
“So the challenge is ahead of us, for all of us, and I know that the United States has a great commitment under President Obama to take our own initiatives, not even to wait for congressional action, but to move administratively in order to do our part. I know we can continue to work with Brazil on this issue of climate, and we look forward to doing so,” he said.
CNS News added:
President Obama repeatedly has said he won’t wait for Congress to act — on jobs, recess appointments, immigration, gun control, and other issues — where “we can act administratively without additional congressional authorization, and just get it done,” as he said in October 2011.
Congressional Republicans have done little more than complain about the president exceeding his constitutional authority. One of the most vocal critics is Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, who told Fox News on Monday that he agrees with those who say that Republicans should sue the president to check his executive overreach…
“I would sue,” Paul told Fox News’ Sean Hannity. “We did sue over the recess appointments (to the National Labor Relations Board). Remember, the president declared a (congressional) recess even though we said we weren’t in recess? And the court has rebuked him severely on this. When it goes to the Supreme Court, I think they’re going to once again say he usurped power that’s not his. We should do the same thing here.”
- Obama dismisses concerns raised by unilateral actions, says he’s ‘not concerned’
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense
- Obama seeks help from children, promises more unilateral action
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
- Obama promises more dictatorial action on economy
- Sheila Jackson Lee: Obama should rule like dictator on payroll tax cut extension
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 4: The imperial presidency of Barack Obama
- Obama bypasses Congress, orders waiver on ban of aid to Palestinians
- Obama bypasses Congress, rewrites welfare reform law with policy directive
- Obama blames ‘phony scandals’ for bad economy, threatens unilateral action (Video)
- Liberal think tank says President can use military to push progressive agenda
- Obama threatens defense veto if health care premiums for military not increased
- Obama says he wishes that he could impose his will on Congress in Burma speech
- Sarah Palin: ‘I was forbidden from telling the truth about Obama in 2008’
- President Obama to La Raza: I wish I could change the laws on my own
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 2: Obama versus the Constitution
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.