From the moment that the January 6th Select Committee was announced, there were concerns that group would wind up playing a pedantic, partisan role in coming elections – particularly as they began to skirt their earlier promise not to focus solely on Donald Trump.
But they may not be simply digging up dirt to use against the former President in 2024. In fact, the latest news out of the investigation seems to indicate that they’re cooking up an “October Surprise” that could have a meteoric impact on the 2022 midterms.
The House Jan. 6 committee is on a potential collision course with the Nov. 8 election.
The committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol plans to hold at least one more hearing late this month and release early findings and recommendations before the election.
Despite the panel’s long-stated goal of avoiding perceptions of partisanship or politicization, a noisy October could impact the midterms.
The group is beginning to plot as soon as this week.
The committee will meet virtually Friday to plan the rest of their schedule including upcoming hearings, members told Axios.
The committee has already been heavily criticized for the unfettered scope of their investigation, and allowing them to publicly air highly-charged political allegations within weeks of the coming election will certainly add to the controversy.
Cross-posted with Flag and Cross
- Pelosi’s Sham Jan 6 Committee Makes Request For Two Years Of Alex Jones’ Text Messages
- Jan. 6 Committee Subpoenas Secret Service for Deleted Text Messages
- Secret Service Prepared To Testify That ‘Star’ Jan. 6 Witness LIED
- Jan. 6 Star Chamber Star ‘Witness’ Caught In Massive Lie; Secret Service To Counter (Video)
- Sham Partisan Jan. 6 Committee Goals: ‘Imprison Trump, Destroy Electoral College, Nationalize Voting System’
- Former Trump Adviser Peter Navarro Indicted, Taken Into Custody After Refusing To Appear At Sham Jan. 6 Committee
- McCarthy: Pelosi’s Sham Jan 6 Committee Cannot Legally Convict Bannon
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.