Karen Kenney of the San Fernando Valley Patriots put it this way:
This dialogue is about the jackboot of tyranny on the field of our founding documents. To whisper the letters I.R.S. strikes a shrill note on Main Street USA. But when this behemoth tramples upon America’s grassroots, few hear the snapping sounds.
Video of her testimony follows, courtesy of The Right Scoop:
Becky Gerritson of the Wetumpka Tea Party gave an emotional testimony, telling Congress they’ve “forgotten their place.”
Video of her testimony, again thanks to The Right Scoop, can be seen below:
Democrat Jim McDermott — the Washington moonbat who once whined about reading the Constitution he allegedly swore to protect and defend — said the groups deserved to be targeted and abused because they’re involved in politics, and opposed Obama on a number of issues.
Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., blasted McDermott for his statement.
Video of that smackdown can be seen here:
All in all, it was a good day for conservatives and freedom and not a good day for Democrats, as demonstrated by a picture Jim Hoft posted at the Gateway Pundit:
- Dem. Rep. Jim McDermott: Conservative groups deserved IRS abuse, harassment
- Leaders of targeted conservative groups to testify on IRS scandal
- Drudge editor: ‘IRS scandal about to explode’
- David Plouffe falsely accuses Rep. Darrell Issa of auto theft, arson
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- Did David Plouffe justify IRS targeting conservative Tea Party groups?
- Darrell Issa: White House press secretary Jay Carney a ‘paid liar’
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- Eric Holder: Time to ask ‘hard questions’ about Constitutional rights
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.