Democrat nominee Joe Biden believes police officers need to be trained to shoot assailants in the leg in order to reduce fatalities.
The former vice president made the comments during a meeting with African American community leaders at the Bethel AME Church in Wilmington, Delaware.
“The idea that instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person, coming at him with a knife or something, to shoot him in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said.
“There’s a lot of different things that can change,” he continued.
What any of that has to do with the George Floyd case is anybody’s guess, as the police officer did not use a weapon.
Joe Biden says he wants cops who have someone running at them with a knife to “shoot them in the leg.” pic.twitter.com/uhtj8gQa6l
— Adam Shaw (@AdamShawNY) June 1, 2020
There is certainly a lot to pick apart in such a ridiculous statement.
- Biden seems unaware that somebody wielding a knife is NOT unarmed.
- Shooting is generally a last resort when it comes to subduing a criminal with bad intentions.
- Does he really believe race-baiters would be okay with video of an officer shooting a black man in the leg?
Dana Loesch, a former spokesperson for the National Rifle Association, slammed Biden for his comments.
“Biden clearly has zero experience with firearms, firearm law, or self-defense — you don’t shoot unless lethal force is absolutely justified,” she said. “His ‘shoot to wound’ rhetoric is irresponsible.”
Lots of people have died from being shot in the leg. The Femoral artery will quickly empty the body of blood.
Is Joe gonna get called out for promoting police violence?
— Matt? (@MattFromDeltona) June 1, 2020
Joe’s expertise has always been called into question when it comes to advice on firearms.
This is, after all, the same guy who told his wife to just wantonly fire off shotguns into the air if she ever thought there was a problem at the house.
And social media viewers took notice.
remember he's the same idoit who said warning shots, with a 12 gauge shot gun pointed at your neighbors house, was just fine.
— Melanie Christiansen (@MelanieChristi2) June 1, 2020
“I said, ‘Jill [Biden’s wife], if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,’” he said during a 2013 Facebook chat.
“You don’t need an AR-15—it’s harder to aim,” Biden added, “it’s harder to use, and in fact you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!”
Buy a shotgun, Jill. But only shoot at the neighbors. Or maybe aim for the leg of the person entering your home with bad intentions.
It’s so crazy it just might work.
Cross-posted with Mental Recession
- Biden National Press Secretary Falsely Claims White Supremacists Burning Buildings, Calls Trump A ‘Klansman’
- Quid Pro Joe Biden’s Sketchy Ukraine Dealings Raise Their Heads Again — Twice (Video)
- Leaked Ukrainian Documents Show Millions of Dollars Funneled to Hunter Biden and John Kerry’s Family
- Video of the Day: Ukrainian officials swear under oath that Ukraine meddled in 2016 election against Trump
- Giuliani on Ukraine: “I’ve uncovered an eight-year-long money laundering system” totaling $12.5 billion (Video)
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, and check us out at ProAmerica Only.