Ynet reported that Franklin Lamb, an attorney for the “International Human Shields” movement said that the group has been “inundated” with requests from activists around the world including Canada, France, Italy, the US, and Britain.
While many Western nations are evacuating their citizens from Syria and the neighbors countries ahead of a potential US strikes, human rights activists are planning to enter the war-torn country and act as “human shields” against a US assault, Britain’s The Telegraph reported Saturday.
The ‘International Human Shields’ movement, started by a group of activists in Britain and the US, plans to bring to Syria civilians from countries around the globe, who will try to deter US strikes on the country by staking out potential military targets.
According to Ynet, many of those going participated in the “Human Shields” movement that went to Baghdad in 2003, supposedly to protect hospitals and schools, and later, key government infrastructure sites from coalition attacks.
- Former LA Times reporter: Opposition to Syria strike due to GOP racism
- McCain: Obama could face impeachment if troops sent into Syria
- Syrian official says chemical weapons charge a ‘conspiracy’ by western leaders
- Iran threatens to rape, kill one of Obama’s daughters if U.S. attacks Syria
- David Letterman rips Obama on ‘red line’ flip flop, says prez has ‘learned how to bulls—t’
- Barack Obama refers to ‘my military’ at G20 summit (Video)
- President Obama: Troops ‘fighting on my behalf’
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz blames Bush, says racism behind opposition to war in Syria
- Report: John McCain’s ‘moderate’ allies in Syria behead 40-day-old infant, mother
- 100-page Russian report: Syrian rebels conducted chemical attack in March
- Egyptian media portrays Barack Obama as Satan, U.S. media silent
- James Carville blames Bush for lack of support for war in Syria (Video)
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.