With HR569, your freedom of speech is at stake.
A resolution introduced on December 17th in the House of Representatives is aimed at shutting down any and all speech that they view as “hateful or violent” against Muslims. But what about the hateful and violent rhetoric against other Americans?
The resolution is co-sponsored by 82 Democrats.
It’s only a resolution at this point, but if Democrats get their way now, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes something else entirely.
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
Here is the text of Resolution HR569:
Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.
Whereas the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes and rhetoric have faced physical, verbal, and emotional abuse because they were Muslim or believed to be Muslim;
Whereas the constitutional right to freedom of religious practice is a cherished United States value and violence or hate speech towards any United States community based on faith is in contravention of the Nation’s founding principles;
Whereas there are millions of Muslims in the United States, a community made up of many diverse beliefs and cultures, and both immigrants and native-born citizens;
Whereas this Muslim community is recognized as having made innumerable contributions to the cultural and economic fabric and well-being of United States society;
Whereas hateful and intolerant acts against Muslims are contrary to the United States values of acceptance, welcoming, and fellowship with those of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;
Whereas these acts affect not only the individual victims but also their families, communities, and the entire group whose faith or beliefs were the motivation for the act;
Whereas Muslim women who wear hijabs, headscarves, or other religious articles of clothing have been disproportionately targeted because of their religious clothing, articles, or observances; and
Whereas the rise of hateful and anti-Muslim speech, violence, and cultural ignorance plays into the false narrative spread by terrorist groups of Western hatred of Islam, and can encourage certain individuals to react in extreme and violent ways: Now, therefore, be it
(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;
(2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;
(3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;
(4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;
(5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;
(6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and
(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.
What is free speech?
The U.K. has anti-hate speech laws, as do most of the European Countries. They are obsessed with what people say and how they say it. They are not free to speak the truth in any form. That is the direction we are headed.
Protecting the free expression of our opinions is one of the most basic rights of the Constitution. Attempting to harm someone of a different religion is not what we are referring to – we already have laws against hate crimes. But speech, the ability to speak your mind without worrying about being arrested…that is a God-given right.
Warning: If we do not stop this now, we will have no Bill of Rights whatsoever. Contact your Representatives and speak your mind before you have no ability to do it. Please be respectful, but speak the truth.
“The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object.” Thomas Jefferson
- Facebook bans owner of pro-veteran page for being ‘insensitive’
- ‘Free Speech Apocalypse’ shows how leftists are destroying freedom through ‘tolerance’ – Video
- Erick Erickson asks: ‘After Kim Davis, how much longer until we have another civil war?’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate