On Tuesday, the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives will vote on a measure making the District of Columbia a state, a measure that would appear to violate the District Clause of the Constitution.
According to Breitbart:
The House Oversight Committee, chaired by Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), voted the bill, H.R. 51, out of committee by a vote of 25-19 to create D.C. statehood Wednesday.
House moving to put D.C. statehood bill on the floor NEXT WEEK pic.twitter.com/F8rhGuaeeWtake our poll - story continues below
— Mike DeBonis (@mikedebonis) April 16, 2021
The primary arguments against D.C. statehood are:
- Our nation’s capital was always meant to be unique. The Framers established in the Constitution’s District Clause that the nation’s capital is a federal district, existing beyond the borders or influence of any state.
- H.R. 51 is doubly unconstitutional, violating both the plain meaning of the District Clause as well as the necessary implications of the Twenty-Third Amendment.
- Even those who support D.C. statehood admit district residents enjoy special benefits due to where they live and would enjoy an outsize influence in Congress.
The legislation is among those radical proposals the Democrats introduced in Biden’s first 100 days include: packing the Supreme Court, amnesty, reparations, federalized elections, D.C. statehood, and banning the Electoral College.
Twenty-two state Attorneys General sent a letter to His Lying Demented Fraudulence, Emperor Joe Biden I, and members of Congress, reminding them that DC statehood would have to be addressed through an amendment to the Constitution, not through legislation.
But as Biden himself said, amendments to the Constitution aren’t absolute anymore. Apparently, neither is the Constitution itself.
- Analysis: Democrat Party Should Be Named A Subversive Org, Banned From Public Office
- Democrats on warpath: DC statehood, gun control are priorities
- Without The Filibuster, H.R. 1, Immigration Reform Will Virtually Guarantee One-Party Rule In The U.S.
- Readers Agree: Joe Biden Will NOT Be Legitimate President
- Mo Brooks: Dems’ H.R. 1 Would Make US Elections Akin To USSR, Cuba, Venezuela Or North Korea (Audio)
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only, and follow us at Parler, Codias, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
If you appreciate independent conservative reports like this, please go here and support us on Patreon, get your conservative pro-Trump gear here and check out some great pro-Republican gear here.While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: