About midnight Sunday, someone changed the landmark Hollywood sign to read “Hollyweed,” CBS Los Angeles reported.
According to CBS:
Sgt. Trudeau of Security Services says the incident unfolded around midnight Sunday after a thrill-seeker climbed the mountain and threw two tarps over the “O’s” to make them appear like “E’s.”
The sign as of 10:45 a.m. had been restored to read, “Hollywood.” It remains unclear who was involved in the incident, which was being investigated as a misdemeanor charge of trespassing, according to police.
The sergeant said police planned to review security footage to identify those responsible. It remains unclear whether authorities plan to release the footage to the public.
It’s not the first time the sign was changed. According to CBS, it read “Hollyweed” on January 1, 1976.
Twitter exploded with pictures of the sign:
— Amanda Busick ? (@AmandaBusick) January 1, 2017
— Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) January 1, 2017
One person asked:
Good question. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
Here’s video, courtesy of CBS LA:
And by the way, Happy New Year!
- Unhinged Hollywood celebs shred Trump: ‘F-ing devil,”piece of s**t’
- Trump attorney looking for homeless woman beaten by Clinton supporters in Hollywood, promises ‘last laugh’ on thugs
- Violent illegals rage while peaceful Americans take to the streets for Trump
- Historic: Dems nominate most evil person to run for President
- Actor Michael Shannon: Time for Trump voters to die
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: