At last week’s presidential debates Joe Biden, to his great shame, dismissed Antifa is “an idea, not an organization.” But our nation’s top law enforcement officer, Attorney General William Barr has said the violence Antifa instigates and carries out is “domestic terrorism.” FBI Director Christopher Wray has called Antifa “anarchists and agitators.” If Joe Biden insists on calling Antifa just an idea, could he at least call it a bad one?
Millions of law-abiding, peace-loving Americans watch in horror as these violent thugs destroy our cities, with major violence in Portland, Seattle and other cities scattered across the country, and we pray they won’t make it out to our neighborhoods. Many say keeping their communities safe is their top concern this November when they vote.
While Biden has condemned the violence instigated by Antifa, he did not denounce the group outright when given the chance at the debate. In the event Biden does not understand the threat Antifa poses to America, here is a reminder of what Antifa followers believe and seek to achieve:
- “This is our time and we will make no excuses for the terror.” (Rose City Antifa, Portland).
- “I’m here to disrupt until my demands are met. You cannot rebuild until you break it all the way down … prepare to be met with any means necessary.” (Seattle CHOP leader, June 17).
- “… how do we get from our current capitalist society to a future anarchist-communist one? … [D]estroy the current order, there will need to be a revolution …” (Seattle Autonomous Zone pamphlet).
- “Oh, you thought I just wanted to defund the police? This whole system needs to go.” (Antifa poster in Seattle).
- “You are now leaving the USA”-sign displayed at the entrance to the CHOP zone in Seattle.
- “We’ll burn the system down if U.S. won’t give us what we want.” (Black Lives Matter leader, Newsweek, June 25, 2020).
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
Antifa dates back to efforts in the 1930s to defeat fascism in Spain and Italy and its intellectual roots lie in Marxism. Tyler Brandt and Jon Miltimore, writers for the Foundation for Economic Education, wrote of Antifa’s tactics, “they must use intolerance, aggression, coercion, and intimidation in order to subvert—in their estimation—the oppressive patriarchal capitalist society. Since they’re at an inherent disadvantage in terms of power, then open dialogue and debate will do them no good. The only way they can turn the tables of power is to use force and threats of force, which are completely justified by the ends they achieve.”
This is exactly how they are operating today in America. Attorney General Barr recognizes that what is happening in our cities has gone beyond an “idea” and into action “with the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful protest are being hijacked by violent radical elements. Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate and violent agenda. In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized, and driven by anarchistic and far left extremists, using Antifa-like tactics, many of whom travel from out of state to promote the violence.”
Priscilla DeStafano, a Northern Virginia mother of young children, recently shared with Americans for Limited Government her concerns about the rioting and violence Antifa is instigating, “I know that with President Trump in the White House he will fiercely fight to protect all Americans across the suburbs.”
Biden has not clearly articulated that he will protect America from the radical ideology that is Antifa. Americans want a leader who will first and foremost keep us safe.
Catherine Mortensen is the Vice President of Communications at Americans for Limited Government.
- Biden Falsely Claims Antifa Just An Idea.
- Videos: Joe Biden’s Base, A.K.A., BLM/Antifa, Goes On Violent Rampage After Breonna Taylor Decision
- McEnany Slams Democrats, Liberal Media for Defending, Supporting Antifa Violence (Video)
- Video: Pro-Antifa/BLM Texas Prof Under Fire After Saying Cops Should Be Strangled With Intestines Of Capitalists
- Portland Murder Suspect 100 Percent Antifa, Victim 100 Percent Patriot
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, and check us out at ProAmerica Only.