Republican Ron DeSantis of Florida is among the governors who have vowed that COVID-19 shots won’t be mandated for schoolchildren in his state in the wake of a CDC panel’s decision to recommend adding the vaccine to the routine childhood immunization schedule.
Some states, such as Massachusetts and Virginia, simply adopt the CDC schedule while others rely on the agencies guidance.
But others have laws in place barring schools from requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for students.
Here’s how some states, as the Daily Caller News Foundation reports, are handling the CDC recommendation:
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
- Wyoming: Republican Gov. Mark Gordon’s office said the governor “has not mandated vaccines for adults or children, and believes that COVID-19 vaccination is a personal choice.”
- Iowa: A law went effect in July that exempts students in K-12 schools from vaccine requirements until 2029, the Des Moines Register reported.
- Oklahoma: A 2021 law prohibits schools from requiring a COVID-19 vaccine to attend the school. Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt said Thursday, “Regardless of what the CDC says, as long as I am governor, we will never force kids to get a COVID vaccine to go to school.”
- Montana: A law barring discrimination based on one’s vaccination status applies to all “educational opportunities.”
- Indiana: Public school districts by law are prohibited from requiring students, employees and parents to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- West Virginia: No state entity can require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter or utilize services.
- South Carolina: School districts can’t require the COVID-19 vaccine for student attendance. Republican Gov. Henry McMaster told the DCNF that “as long as I am governor, I will never let the federal government – or anyone else – force the COVID-19 vaccine on South Carolina school children.”
- Florida: Educational institutions are prohibited from enacting a COVID-19 mandate.
- Georgia: School districts can’t require the vaccine to receive an education.
- Mississippi: Schools are prohibited from requiring students to get the COVID-19 vaccine to attend.
- Arkansas: Vaccine passports are banned, “including as a condition for education.”
- Arizona: A law bars the COVID-19 vaccine from being required to attend the school.
Here is ProCon’s overview:
WND is now on Trump’s Truth Social! Follow us @WNDNews
EDITOR’S NOTE: With what has been called the “Sovietization” of the Biden administration – including the shocking criminalization of dissent and massive weaponization of the FBI against political opponents – America is being increasingly compared to a third-world or communist dictatorship. Yet America still has one sacred institution that dictatorships from Zimbabwe to communist China don’t have: ELECTIONS. And in reality, there is no reason, despite the regime’s all-out efforts at election rigging, that the tens of millions of decent, right-thinking American voters cannot stop the Biden administration’s ever-expanding madness this November. For that reason, the September issue of WND’s critically acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine insightfully covers the most electrifying and important races, illuminates the biggest issues, reveals how the latest federal takeover of elections actually violates the law, and much more. Looking forward to 2024, the issue also highlights why, to quote the chairman of a major think tank, Donald Trump “is the most towering political figure in living memory” and the person “most fit to lead” today’s America. It’s all in “STOPPING THE MADNESS: A MIDTERM ELECTION GUIDE FOR VOTERS WHO LOVE AMERICA.”
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.
- CDC Panel Votes 15-0 To Add COVID Vaccine To Routine Childhood Shots (Video)
- Top NY Health Official: We Misled Parents To Scare Them Into Vaccinating Kids (Video)
- FDA Panel Backs Pfizer Shot For Kids: “We’re Never Going to Learn About How Safe This Vaccine Is Unless We Start Giving It” (Video)
- Johnson & Johnson Officials: ‘Kids Shouldn’t Get A F*cking [COVID] Vaccine’ Due To ‘Unknown Repercussions’
- Pfizer Exec Confesses Vaccine Never Even Tested On Stopping Transmission (Video)
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.