To listen to the loud, plaintive wails from the left, you’d think that Obamacare was the greatest invention since white bread and that the only reason conservatives want no part of it is pure selfishness. Jamelle Bouie, as a case in point, has an item at the Daily Beast titled “They Just Don’t Care if Healthcare.Gov Works or Not.” The they in that sentence refers to Republicans — his umbrella term for all cretins who refuse to acknowledge the “truth” that the rough part is over and that the future of Obamacare is bright. He laments:
You’d think they would greet [the repairs to the website] as good news, even as they continue to oppose the law. The message doesn’t have to be extensive. Something as simple as, ‘We still oppose the law, but we’re glad Americans haven’t been left in the cold,’ would suffice.
Bouie can no more admit to himself that some 5 million Americans and counting have now been forced out into the cold because of the law than he can see a downside to the White House’s boast of having effected “400 of the 600 fixes on its ‘punchcard’ of repairs”: The clear implication is that the administration launched a website on Oct. 1 that had 600 technical problems that needed to be fixed. How exactly that inspires Bouie’s confidence is something he doesn’t explain.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
Neither does he address the reality that the law is so noxious that even Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of the law’s architects and staunchest supporters, has exempted members of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law’s new exchanges.
CNN writes that this position represents an about-face for Reid, who in September told reporters:
Let’s stop these really juvenile political games — the one dealing with health care for senators and House members and our staff. We are going to be part of exchanges, that’s what the law says and we’ll be part of that.
Reid’s staff will hardly be an exception to the rule. The Federal Register for July 1 carried an administration estimate that as many as 12 million people were seeking exemptions through the federal enrollment system. It seems that many Americans are choosing to walk out into the cold. Will Bouie come up with another article explaining to them why they should stay?[Watch video of CNN panel discussing this development]
- WH boasts Healthcare.gov website running at ‘private sector velocity’
- Obama offers bribe to insurers to reinstate canceled plans (using your money)
- Obama’s illegal, deceptive ‘fix’ to Obamacare won’t restore canceled insurance policies for most
- Official administration response to accusations Obama’s ‘fix’ is illegal
- Gaming Obamacare: A loophole that will result in massive fraud and overload the system
- New evidence of rampant Obamaphone fraud
- The move to defund ‘Obamaphones’
- Want a free phone? ‘Obamaphones’ are a cinch to get
- If you wait till you’re sick to sign up for Obamacare, you may pay through the nose
- WH adviser warned 3 years ago that Obamacare was headed for disaster
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Obamacare sticker shock gives way to anger
- Sticker shock from Obamacare rates as big a snafu as sign-up glitches
- Sticker shock: Californians suddenly discover why Republicans are shouting about Obamacare
- HealthCare.gov, other scam sites and Kaiser-now-non-Permanente?
- Obama lied, millions of insurance plans died
- Obama’s $5-a-year cell phone tax to fund high-speed internet in schools
- 41% of ‘Obama phone’ recipients can’t prove eligibility