According to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and Barack Obama, Republicans who are doing what their constituents want are now “extremists,” guilty of extortion and are anarchists trying to destroy the government.
These were just a few of the adjectives actually used by the two top Democrats in their shrill charges against Tea Party Republicans trying to stop Obamacare. Naturally, the inflammatory rhetoric is designed to do one thing — motivate their unhinged base to continue attacking conservatives, perhaps even fomenting violence.
One might ask if that analysis is over the top, but it really isn’t.
As we’ve documented time and again, liberals from all walks of life have called for conservatives to be killed, or issued death wishes.
Rhetoric like that used by Reid and Obama only encourages more hate from the uninformed left, and the Democrats know this.
Here’s just a few tweets that are no doubt the result of the Democrats’ irresponsible rhetoric:
Can these guys kill Ted Cruz? pic.twitter.com/1C3Z1uVPus
— Mitch Slater (@mpslater) September 29, 2013
@crooksandliars If Ted Cruz would just kill himself that would be the essence of a true blessing
— Fred F. Tondalo Jr. (@FTondalo) September 29, 2013
GOP Shutdown: Republicans are armed and ready to shoot and kill anyone gets in their way. Texas will use nukes if so ordered by Ted Cruz.
— Angela Calhoun (@Angela_Calhoun) September 29, 2013
Reid and Obama know full well what they are doing when they call Republicans extremists, or falsely accuse them of extortion or trying to take down the government. They are sending a clear signal to their unhinged followers that it’s open season on anyone who opposes Obamacare.
Remember, it wasn’t that long ago that Obama spoke of a “new tone” in political discourse.
Of course, that was before the current debate on Obamacare.
But now, the gloves are off.
New tone? Forget about it.
- Harry Reid falsely claims Tea Party ‘anarchists’ out to destroy U.S. government (Video)
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
- Hyper-partisan Obama in weekly address: ‘Extremist’ GOP set to shut down gov’t (Video)
- Lindsey Graham called a liar after tweet saying he voted to defund Obamacare
- Conservative groups slam ‘Obama Republicans’ for Obamacare funding vote
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid (Video)
- GOP Senate bosses set to own Obamacare, refuse to speak with constituents
- A list of the ‘Obama Republican’ weasels whose votes ensured Obamacare funding
- Obamacare board game shows no one but IRS wins with health care law
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- John Conyers: Obamacare “platform” to socialized health care
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare ‘crown jewel of socialism’
- ‘Yes We Can’ board game teaches impact of Obama’s economic doctrine
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.