On Friday, Brian Maloney of Media Equalizer published a list of companies that advertise on Don Lemon’s CNN program. Hannity helped spread the word by retweeting the account ‘Stop the Scalpings’ to his nearly 2.5 million followers.
— StopTheScalpings (@SScalpings) June 2, 2017
Among the companies listed are:
- Namely.com – maker of software for human resources professionals: 1-855-626-3591 @NamelyHR
- Janssen Biotech Inc (a division of Johnson & Johnson): 1-800-526-7736
- Astrazeneca – media relations: (302) 885-2766
- Farmers Insurance: @WeAreFarmers / 1-888-668-4500
- Sleep Number bed: 1-888-411-2188 / [email protected]
- Choice Hotel @choicehotels / choicehotels.com :
Customer relations: (800) 300-8800
There’s more, here, including Hulu, Zillow and Esurance (Allstate).
Response was pretty much what you’d expect:
I'm loving this! About time they get the backlash they've been deserving for years! 😂😜🇱🇷
— Not Your Business (@HJSNChristine) June 2, 2017
One person suggested cable subscribers demand CNN be dropped from their lineup of programming:
#CNN call cable Comp and demand they remove CNN from your service it's what funds them.They can do it .Demand it.look it up to learn how .
— Ergo (@Watchdoglooker) June 2, 2017
— Peter J. (@pjinvestment) June 2, 2017
Observing Lemon’s “long history of weirdness,” the site noted:
As conservative hosts continue to be held to a higher standard than others, it’s interesting to find out just how severe the imbalance really can be.
One major example is CNN’s Don Lemon. His on-air career history is filled with insensitive statements, bizarre gaffes and general weirdness. Where were the calls for his removal during these key moments?
That’s why the Media Equality Project and #StopTheScalpings have decided to highlight Lemon’s peculiar history and the resulting crickets heard from the same people calling for the heads of every conservative talker in the country.
And of course, there’s Lemon’s now-infamous claim that a black hole may have swallowed Malaysian flight 370.
Lemon and his advertisers were also recently highlighted by the MRC, as we reported here.
It’s really no wonder CNN is now seen as the least-trusted name in cable news…
- Conservative media watchdog launches campaign, puts MSNBC, CNN advertisers on notice
- Video: CNN’s Don Lemon uses West Wing clip to bash Christianity, Kim Davis, Matt Bevin
- Liberal fascism: Advertisers bow to Media Matters campaign, pull ads from Hannity
- MSNBC’s Chris Hayes calls Trump supporters ‘Nazis,’ gets clock cleaned on Twitter
- Liberal media leading effort to kill Trump with innuendo, conspiracies, fake news
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: