Tuesday was the deadline for gun owners in New York to register firearms the state has deemed “assault weapons.”
But it seems some decided not to register their weapons, and decided to shred registration forms instead.
The Right Scoop noted:
Citizens in Buffalo, refusing to comply with the SAFE Act by registering their so-called ‘assault weapons’, gathered today on the deadline for SAFE Act registrations and SHREDDED their gun registration forms. They had planned to burn them, but since open burning isn’t legal in Buffalo, they decided to shred them instead, just as our elected officials are shredding the Constitution.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: The Squad
- Report: Up to one million New York gun owners set to disregard gun control law
- Gun rights supporters in New York burn hundreds of registration forms
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead