Those who own firearms in Calif. are being hit hard in a push to limit their Second Amendment rights.
The state’s Attorney General Kamala Harris is behind the gun confiscation push to rob citizens of their God-given rights to protect themselves.
There have been numerous reports of several Calif. citizens being improperly arrested and their firearms seized. This prompted the Roseville based gun rights group, The Calguns Foundation to issue a new warning to all gun owners in the state.
Brandon Combs, the group’s executive director and creator of the Foundation’s DOJ Watch project issued the following warning:
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Tyranny or Freedom?
Gun confiscation efforts pushed by Attorney General Kamala Harris have apparently led to unconstitutional arrests of regular, non-prohibited gun owners as well as the seizure of their firearms and ammunition.
In 2013 Calif. passed the Armed Prohibited Persons System, or APPS for short, through Senate Bill 140. It was authored by state legislators which included San Diego-based senator Joel Anderson (R-Alpine). The bill is said to have misappropriated $24 million from a fund designated for firearm background checks and used it on other unauthorized Department of Justice programs.
The misappropriated money is reportedly paying for APPS law enforcement actions such as raids and gun confiscation. These actions are violating law-abiding citizen’s rights. Combs said: “These frightening raids, often carried out by heavily armed DOJ agents and local law enforcement agencies, aren’t just hitting violent criminals. What a sad day it is when even elderly law-abiding people need to be on the lookout for Ms. Harris’ gun-grabbing goons.”
One home that was raided in Nov. 2013 resulted in the seizure of Bakersfield resident Michael Merritt’s firearms, click here to read that story.
The Calguns Foundation suggests if gun owners are ever contacted by law enforcement officials, “be polite but prepared to exercise your rights.” If a warrant is ever served remember to don’t physically resist the officers. Then contact an attorney as soon as possible. They recommend not consenting to any search. A person is not required to volunteer information or open locked containers.
The Calguns Foundation has an ongoing effort in place to help defend gun owners from malicious and improper prosecutions. They recommend if a person is the target of gun confiscation the foundation suggests doing the following things:
- Never consent to a search.
- Exercise your right to remain silent.
- Contact CGF’s Help Hotline by clicking here, or calling (800) 556-2109 which they say is open 24/7/365.
- If you need immediate legal assistance, please contact an attorney (some firearms attorneys are listed on the CGF Help Hotline web page)
The report for which this article was written can be seen by clicking here.
- Gun owners revolt in Connecticut, fail to register firearms, magazines
- Law professor believes Second Amendment permits strong gun control
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘If more citizens were armed, criminals would think twice about attacking them’
- New gun study suggests concealed carry laws save lives
- Obama looks to revoke gun rights for seeing a shrink
- U.S. Justice Foundation lawyer: ‘Veterans primary target’ of gun-grab, Obama’s ultimate goal ‘disarm all Americans’
- Victim heard black mob say ‘stop the white boy’ before brutal attack
- Ret. Gen. says ‘Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. government today’
- Junior jihadists, toddlers and children learning to fight in Syria
- Top Islamic cleric calls on Obama administration to ‘wage jihad for Allah’
- Obama admin. to allow immigrants with ‘limited’ terror contact into U.S.
- Good samaritan pays delinquent lunch accounts for 60 children
If you like this article you can follow Joseph on Twitter @cybervoyager62. For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joseph’s author page at the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joseph’s articles at Liberty Unyielding and Dothan Marine Corps Examiner. If you would like to read more Dothan Christianity Examiner articles click here.
To read inspirational works and view photos by Joseph please visit Joseph L. Parker Freelance writer and Nature photographer You can also watch inspirational videos on Joseph’s Youtube channel.