It’s time for another installment of “Fun with Skateboards.” But first a word from our sponsor:
Say, folks: Are you aspiring to a rewarding career in journalism? If so, then you’ll want to join the Society of Professional Journalists. The SPJ [which really exists] can train you to ignore the pesky five W’s taught by journalism schools, at least when it comes to crimes committed by blacks. That’s right. As a member in good standing, you will receive your very own monogrammed set of blinders.
Plus, u cn gt a gd jb at CBSNewYork. Consider the station’s coverage of a brutal assault that left a store owner so badly injured that he needs plastic surgery after four marauding teens savagely beat him with their skateboards. (A video of the report, with surveillance footage, is here.) Here is the report in its entirety:
A pack of skateboarders savagely attacked a Lower East Side store owner when he confronted them about shoplifting, police said.
As CBS 2′s Tracee Carrasco reported, surveillance video shows the four suspects with skateboards bombarding the Eastern Supermarket last Friday.
They were allegedly stealing sodas out of a cooler. After Zhen Dan Guo followed them outside to demand they pay, a scuffle broke out. The suspects then used their skateboards as weapons.
Guo’s son, Linbin, shared photos with Carrasco of his father’s injuries after he was badly beaten, but the images were too graphic to be shown.
‘The bone, it cracked in his nose,’ Lin Bin said as he described one of the injuries seen in the pictures.
Doctors said Guo will need four titanium plates inserted in his face and worry the attack may have left him blind in one eye. He is scheduled to have reconstructive surgery Saturday.
As police hunt for the suspects, Linbin said he is fearful as he watches over the store in his father’s absence.
‘It really makes me nervous to be here,’ he said. ‘We’re open late, and I’m afraid more things are going to be happening.’
Linbin added that he hopes his father’s attackers will turn themselves in to police.
‘They should be ashamed of themselves,’ he said.
Notice any mention of the race of the suspects? Of course you didn’t. There isn’t any. Ditto for a retelling of the story at the website Gothamist. In fairness, the page is emblazoned with a large freeze frame from a surveillance video that reveals they are “of color,” but the author is still remiss in not conveying that fact in the story — especially considering the four youths are still at large.
- Purple people eaters strike again: Gay man hospitalized after gang beatdown
- Purple people eaters set white teen on fire
- White teen savagely beaten on FL school bus by purple people eaters
- Society of Professional Journalists’ code of silence on race-based crime
- ‘Knockout,’ deadly black teen ‘game,’ appears to be going viral
- Man charged with murder of woman he shot through the door of his home
- New racial pastime in Crown Heights, Brooklyn: ‘Knock out the Jew’
- Austin, TX: More black mob violence, more liberal denial and media silence
- Three new ‘Knockout’ attacks (or ‘teenage pranks’ in the words of the MSM)
- Hey, Al Sharpton: Do you still call people ‘punk faggots’?
- Obama’s race remarks exacerbate tensions
- U. of MD prof’s email to students: Trayvon Martin case proves it’s ‘legal to hunt, kill children’
- Lowell Observatory astronomer wants to name asteroid for Trayvon Martin
- Martin Luther King’s son: Trayvon murdered because he was black
- MSNBC: Right’s reaction to Chris Lane murder ‘revenge’ for Trayvon Martin
- A liberal explains why Trayvon Martin’s killing is unlike Chris Lane’s
- Obama’s meddling in Martin case unprecedented and inappropriate
- NAACP: Obama needs to pursue ‘civil rights charges’ against Zimmerman