It seems Jay Nixon, the Democratic Governor of Missouri, doesn’t think too much of that whole “innocent until proven guilty” thing and has decided instead to call for a “vigourous prosecution” of Darren Wilson, the officer who shot 18-year-old Michael Brown.
Not a vigorous investigation, mind you, but a vigorous prosecution. In other words, to hell with the evidence and the mitigating circumstances. Naturally, it doesn’t matter that over a dozen witnesses have corroborated Wilson’s side of the story.
Here’s the video:
As Twitchy noted, it didn’t go over too well:
@GovJayNixon do everyone a favor and shut up.
— Ryan Williams (@RyanWillir1979) August 20, 2014
@GovJayNixon Looks like you don't believe in innocent until proven guilty.
— Ginger Russell (@gingerdr) August 20, 2014
@GovJayNixon gather all the facts you moron…
— Mike Williford (@Honey_Badger77) August 20, 2014
But facts don’t matter to a growing number of people who no doubt think Michael Brown had just come up with a cure for cancer when the mean old white police officer gunned him down for no reason at all.
— acitrep (@acitrep) August 20, 2014
No, he’s not. But he is a Democrat governor seeking to mollify his low-information base who probably know nothing about the idea of being innocent until proven guilty.
@GovJayNixon pffft…what about the business owners that are being looted by the thugs? Great business environment
— Jeff Clark (@janda1701) August 20, 2014
Vigorous prosecution when no one has been arrested or charged. Sounds like something Stalin would do. @GovJayNixon
— Ryan B. Leslie (@RyanBLeslie) August 20, 2014
Stalin, Democrats — what’s the difference? Besides native language, of course.
@GovJayNixon COWARD !!!!!!! YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD & STRAP THE OFFICER ON THE TABLE & INJECT HIM, IF U WANT A " VIGEROUS PROSECUTION " !
— Bobby Junkin (@19JRHS) August 20, 2014
The spelling’s off, but this person has the current liberal mob mindset figured out pretty well.
— 🇺🇸😎American Citizen 🤠🇺🇸 (@marklindesr) August 20, 2014
Please… Don’t give them any ideas…
@GovJayNixon as far as I can tell you just hurt the officers chances for a fair due process, you unbelievable dipshit.
— Michelle (@kmgriner) August 20, 2014
- Revenge Replaces Justice in a Small Midwest Town
- Reporter: Over a dozen witnesses corroborate Darren Wilson’s version of shooting
- Report: Michael Brown shot from front, had marijuana in his system
- HuffPo reporter doesn’t know difference between earplugs and rubber bullets
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Video pokes holes in Michael Brown shooting story
- Video shows Palestinian flag in Ferguson, Missouri
- Unwitting eyewitness: Michael Brown doubled back, charged at officer
- Reporters harassed, threatened with Molotov cocktails in Ferguson
- Video: Alleged friend of Ferguson officer Darren Wilson offers story of shooting
- New Black Panthers lead ‘death chant’ against Ferguson officer Darren Wilson
- MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell: Was Washington Post reporter arrested for being black?
- Glenn Greenwald implies Israeli connection to unrest in Ferguson
- New Black Panther leader: Barack Obama a ‘Mau Mau’ from Kenya
- Calls for death erupt on Twitter after police name officer in Ferguson shooting
- Barack Obama dances as world burns, picture deleted after going viral