It seems that there are actually some Republicans in Congress who are serious about getting at the core of the corruption that seems to infect Washington, D.C., these days.
Our good friend Jeff Dunetz reports that 11 Congressional Republicans, led by Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department and FBI seeking an investigation of former FBI head James Comey, his deputy Andrew McCabe who was ripped by the Dept. Justice A.G. last Friday, ex-Attorney General Loretta Lynch and crooked Hillary Clinton in connection with the 2016 campaign.
In the referral letter the eleven pointed out the “dissimilar degrees of zealousness” in the investigations into Clinton and Trump campaign associates, they wrote:
“Because we believe that those in positions of high authority should be treated the same as every other American, we want to be sure that the potential violations of law outlined below are vetted appropriately.”
Along with Comey, Clinton, Lynch, and McCabe, they asked for FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, and former US Attorney Dana Boente.
What the congressmen want investigated include:
- Former FBI Director James Comey: for possibly using politics in deciding not to prosecute Mrs. Clinton and leaking his notes to a friend so they can be published.
- Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe: For all the lies and leaks mentioned in last week’s AG report (written about here).
- Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch for not prosecuting the Uranium One deal and threatening the whistleblower.
- Lovebirds: FBI agent Peter Strzok and DOJ lawyer Lisa Page for interfering with the Clinton email investigation.
- Hillary Clinton because the way her campaign paid FusionGPS may have broken campaign finance laws.
- And “all DOJ and FBI personnel responsible for signing the Carter Page warrant application,” Comey McCabe, Sally Yates, and Dana Boente for violating Page’s civil liberties.
He further says:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions already announced last month he had assigned a federal prosecutor to review some of those broader issues while resisting calls for a second special counsel. But the referral represents an escalation of Republican pressure to probe top Democrats and Trump critics.
Along with Rep.DeSantis, the signatories included Andy Biggs, Dave Brat, Jeff Duncan, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Andy Harris, Jody Hice, Todd Rokita, Claudia Tenney, and Ted Yoho (yo-ho, a pirate’s life for me)
There’s more here, including the referral…
- Conservative journalist Laura Loomer to ‘slime ball’ Jim Comey: ‘You’re going to jail’ — Videos
- Implosion: Comey interview aftermath causes crash on Left
- Video of the Day: Lanny Davis calls James Comey a ‘lying…renegade narcissist’
- Loretta Lynch slams James Comey before ABC interview: He ‘never’ raised concerns about Hillary email probe
- ‘Leaker, liar & untruthful slime ball’ – Trump fury v. Comey unleashed