Politics

Good riddance: NYT says Megyn Kelly going to NBC

Megyn KellyOn Tuesday, the New York Times reported that Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News for a new job at NBC.

According to the Times:

The NBC News chairman, Andrew Lack, wooed Ms. Kelly away from Fox News by offering her a triple role in which she will host her own daytime news and discussion program, anchor an in-depth Sunday night news show and take regular part in the network’s special political programming and other big-event coverage.

The move will herald a seismic shift in the cable news landscape, where Ms. Kelly had become the second-most watched host — after Bill O’Reilly of Fox News — and often helped define the national political debate, especially over the last year as Donald J. Trump regularly attacked her, at times in viciously personal terms.

Ms. Kelly’s exit will upend Fox News’s vaunted prime-time lineup and inject a new dose of tumult just a few months after the departure of the network’s powerful founding chairman, Roger Ailes, who was ousted after several women made allegations that he sexually harassed them.

It’s not known how much Kelly will be paid, but the Times said Fox offered her more than $20 million a year if she chose to stay after her current contract expires.

“It’s no secret that anti-Trump diva Kelly is not a fan ‘favorite’ among Trump’s core supporters,” said a post at TruthFeed.

No kidding. Here are just a few responses to news of her departure:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/816342783170490369

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/816353448245366784

The Times said NBC would release more details about her role in the coming months.

“A spokeswoman for Ms. Kelly, Leslee Dart, did not immediately return a call seeking comment on the deal,” the Times added.

Related:

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.

And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book:

Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad
Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad – Source: Author (used with permission)

Joe Newby

A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for Examiner.com from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×