No need to check the URL. You haven’t wandered over to The Onion. The Inquisitr reports that oil and water — better known as Blaze TV’s Glenn Beck and MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell — have agreed to appear together in a movie in which the pair play police partners who are buddies.
The two men have nothing in common, the article notes, other than Penn Jillette, who is friends with both and the force behind the film. The entertainer cum libertarian atheist is quoted as saying:
I’m friends with Glenn Beck. I’m friends with Lawrence O’Donnell. I don’t believe anyone else in the world can claim both of these things. And I disagree with both of them, almost as much as they disagree with each other. Glenn and Lawrence teamed up to do a ‘Make Penn Bad’ video. It’s the first time, to my knowledge they have ever appeared together.
The “property,” as Tinseltown types calls it, is a horror flick titled “Director’s Cut” (a poster for the film is here). Jillette is seeking to “crowd-fund” the venture via entrepreneurial website FundAnything. So far, he has raised $867,793 of the $999,972 needed to begin production. Says Jillette:
I have gotten a tentative okay from BOTH Glenn and Lawrence to be in Director’s Cut. They have both agreed to appear AND ACT in Director’s Cut. Yeah, you’ve seen them in movies before, but it’s always playing themselves or generic newscasters. In our movie (and we’re all making this together), they will be playing police officers discussing their ‘good cop/bad cop’ strategy. Lawrence and Glenn have never met before but they will meet in person on the set of Director’s Cut.[…]
Some people who have contributed to the movie will be on the ‘Director’s Cut’ set that day. There are crowd-funded extras in their scene. Some of our fellow filmmakers will witness in person this historic step towards world peace.
The Inquisitr article notes that neither O’Donnell nor Beck has confirmed his participation in Jillette’s film, and the question of whether they are even aware that they will be playing opposite one another is unanswered.
- Atheist booties: The perfect shower gift for a godless mother-to-be
- MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell: NRA helping Boston Marathon bombers get away with murder
- MSNBC.com drops pretense of objectivity, said site is what ‘progressives have been waiting for’
- Lawrence O’Donnell goes ballistic over Rand Paul’s filibuster
- Media Matters VP thanks fan who offers him BJ for getting Glenn Beck canceled
- A house divided: The GOP dialogue continues
- Poll by MSNBC’s Ed Schultz: ‘Are conservatives the new Confederates?’
- Media silent as thousands set to protest Facebook’s treatment of conservatives
- White people are creepy ass crackers
- Chris Hayes proves scandals are Nixonian