On Tuesday, the Associated Press reported that Lars Maischak, the Fresno State lecturer who said on Twitter that Pres. Trump “must hang” for the good of U.S. democracy, has been placed on paid administrative leave. According to a university statement, Maischak has taken a voluntary leave of absence for the remainder of the spring semester, the AP further said.
According to the Fresno Bee:
Lars Maischak, who has worked as a history lecturer at Fresno State since 2006, has “agreed upon a voluntary leave of absence” effective immediately and lasting through the spring semester, according to a university statement issued on Tuesday.
“The agreement for the paid leave was reached in accordance with provisions in the collective bargaining agreement with the California Faculty Association, the union that represents all faculty,” Fresno State President Joseph Castro said. “During his leave of absence, Dr. Maischak will no longer have a teaching role, but will be conducting research off campus.”
A substitute teacher has been assigned to Maischak’s five American history classes.
Maischak came under fire after Breitbart.com – a far-right news website – shared his Tweet that “to save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better.”
It’s not known what “research” Maischak will be doing, but we can guess.
The media has bent over backward to minimize his tweets, and a video posted here claims that it was all about just one “mean” tweet against the president, the fact is that Maischak’s Twitter feed was filled with this kind of rhetoric, including one tweet that included a picture of a bullet, calling it the “cure” for racism if administered to the cranium.
- Fresno State cancels classes of lecturer who said Trump must hang, Republicans must die
- FBI, Secret Service probing tweets by Fresno State prof who said Trump must hang: Fresno Bee
- Fresno State prof who said Trump must hang: ‘Supporting Trump is morally equivalent to murder for hire’
- Fresno State prof who said Trump must hang, Republicans must die, blames ‘right-wing smear campaign’
- Fresno State prof doubles down, suggests a ‘death sentence’ against Trump ‘inevitable’
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: