In 2016 the CIA asked the FBI to investigate whether the Clinton campaign had approved a plan to distract from her email troubles by “stirring up a scandal” claiming the Russians were interfering with the election to help candidate Donald Trump. John Brennan even briefed President Obama on the matter. The CIA wasn’t sure the information was true, as the FBI ignored the request and started to investigate Trump.
On Tuesday Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe sent a letter to Lindsey Graham and the Senate judiciary committee, explaining that a referral asking for an investigation went to then-FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok. The referral was based on information American intelligence discovered from Russian intelligence alleging that Mrs. Clinton “had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”
The letter Radcliffe sent made three points:
- In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.
- According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director [John] Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016, of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.”
- On 07 September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok regarding “U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.”
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Whether these allegations are accurate is not the question. The question is did the FBI investigate the allegations against Clinton like they did Trump? If not, why not? If so, what was the scope of the investigation? If none, why was that?” Mr. Graham said.
He publicly released Mr. Ratcliffe’s letter (below) which outlines what the CIA believed in 2016.
Graham asked the right question. Did the FBI investigate Clinton? If now why? Why did the investigate Trump but not Hillary?
Many people claimed the information in Ratcliffe’s letter was nothing but Russian disinformation, however.
New statement here from Ratcliffe saying this is *not* Russian disinformation. pic.twitter.com/2dBA0j7bNw
— Chuck Ross (@ChuckRossDC) September 29, 2020
This is a developing story…there will be more to come.
Below is the Ratcliffe letter:
Cross-posted with The Lid
- Durham Adds Clinton Foundation, Never-Finished Huber Report Queries To Russiagate Investigation
- AG William Barr: Trump Correct to Fire IG Michael Atkinson, Update on John Durham Investigation
- Report: UKRAINE Donated More Than ANY Other Country to THE CLINTON FOUNDATION in 15-Year Period
- Rush Limbaugh: John Brennan ‘Went to Ukraine with Fake Passport’ to Collect Dirt on Trump
- Double standard at work: Obama admin asked Ukraine to investigate Trump campaign, but so what?
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, and check us out at ProAmerica Only.