Given the amount of coverage I do on Facebook, I’m frankly surprised I missed this.
Back in July, the Western Center for Journalism reported that the New York Times tweeted a picture of a fairly creepy, Soviet-style poster of Hillary Clinton in the Washington, D.C., Facebook office:
— The New York Times (@nytimes) July 29, 2015
According to Melody Dareing, the poster “demonstrates just how important the Clinton campaign thinks social media is going to be in the 2016 presidential election…”
Trending: Rural America – Targeted by Liberals
It says something else to me, however. Why would the social media giant have something like this in their office unless they support Clinton?
Of course, they have a right to support whichever candidate they want, but it would appear to undermine any claim of objectivity they might make…
One person asked:
— Standard Redneck (@RandomHero30) July 29, 2015
Good question. Another person added:
— Bro. Steve Winter DD (@BroSteveWinter) August 1, 2015
Winter, by the way, has been documenting Facebook’s madness for quite some time. You can see his blog here.
— Chuck Templeman (K) (@ctemp153) August 1, 2015
— Joe Acosta (@JoeAcosta) July 30, 2015
Actually, it’s quite believable. What’s more, the Times article never mentions the poster.
- Breitbart: Facebook now ‘the world’s most dangerous censor’
- Video: German girl says Merkel ‘killing Germany’ with migrants; Reports claim Facebook censorship
- Facebook: 2012 Donald Trump campaign button violates rules against nudity
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Facebook smacks admin of ‘2 Million Bikers to DC’ page for clicking ‘like’