In an obvious effort to spread propaganda designed to help Democrats in their war against the Constitution and the Electoral College, CNN, the cable outlet dubbed the “least-trusted” name in network news, re-wrote history and told a blatant lie about the Electoral College.
According to Twitchy, CNN’s John Avlon distorted a quote to suggest James Madison — one of those responsible for the Electoral College — was really against the Electoral College.
The Electoral College has been debated since the days of James Madison, who called it "evil."
— CNN (@CNN) March 20, 2019
According to Avlon, the Founding Father who “basically created the Electoral College,” really thought it was “evil.”
There’s only one problem.
CNN misquoted Madison and took him out of context to do it.
Twitter gave the fake news network a remedial lesson in history:https://twitter.com/jetpack/status/1108377790699765760 https://twitter.com/jetpack/status/1108388800894586880
Here’s what Madison was really talking about:
This is #fakenews from @CNN, and an absurd distortion of a Madison quote. He didn't call the EC "evil," he was talking about elections thrown to the House which awards 2 votes to states of every size. (This is the contingency for when a vote ISN'T decided by the EC). https://t.co/LTvybKmejw— Jarrett Stepman (@JarrettStepman) March 20, 2019
The Washington Free Beacon’s Alex Griswold posted the source:
So no, Madison did not think the Electoral College is evil. What IS evil, is CNN’s blatant attempt to make viewers think otherwise using a bald-faced lie.
Who checks the reality checkers?— Shane Styles (@shaner5000) March 20, 2019
As a final note, this isn’t the first time CNN has engaged in fake history, as we reported here.
- CNN now fake history network, claims Bastille Day anniversary of U.S. entry into World War I
- To HELL with the Constitution: Elizabeth ‘Fauxcahontas’ Warren calls for getting rid of Electoral College
- Democrats Illegally Subverting Constitution to Destroy Electoral College – Guaranteeing no Republican President Again!
- To hell with the Constitution: Dem Rep. Steve Cohen introduces amendment to get rid of Electoral College
- DNC boss Tom Perez falsely claims Electoral College not part of the Constitution
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.