On Saturday, Facebook, known now as the “world’s most dangerous censor,” told administrators of Wake Up America! that it removed a picture of the Obamas wearing Che Guevara t-shirts, claiming that it violated their “community standards.”
This is the picture in question:
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
How, exactly, this picture violates their nebulous standards is impossible to say. But there’s more.
Facebook then said it tore down the page:
But the page is now back up and can be seen here.
Keep in mind, this page is also owned by the same person who was banned over a picture of a 2012 Donald Trump campaign button — which Facebook falsely claimed violated rules regarding nudity.
This is just the latest in a long string of harassment and abuse Facebook has subjected some of its users to.
As a note, Adina Kutnicki, an investigative journalist from Israel, and I have signed a deal to produce a book about the social media giant and the effects of its enforcement.
- Facebook: 2012 Donald Trump campaign button violates rules against nudity
- Pamela Geller: Muslim posted death threat on Facebook page
- Facebook: Article about Muslims angry over restaurants’ refusal to serve halal food violates community standards
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Facebook smacks admin of ‘2 Million Bikers to DC’ page for clicking ‘like’