On Saturday, Facebook, known now as the “world’s most dangerous censor,” told administrators of Wake Up America! that it removed a picture of the Obamas wearing Che Guevara t-shirts, claiming that it violated their “community standards.”
This is the picture in question:
How, exactly, this picture violates their nebulous standards is impossible to say. But there’s more.
Facebook then said it tore down the page:
Trending: Rural America – Targeted by Liberals
But the page is now back up and can be seen here.
Keep in mind, this page is also owned by the same person who was banned over a picture of a 2012 Donald Trump campaign button — which Facebook falsely claimed violated rules regarding nudity.
This is just the latest in a long string of harassment and abuse Facebook has subjected some of its users to.
As a note, Adina Kutnicki, an investigative journalist from Israel, and I have signed a deal to produce a book about the social media giant and the effects of its enforcement.
- Facebook: 2012 Donald Trump campaign button violates rules against nudity
- Pamela Geller: Muslim posted death threat on Facebook page
- Facebook: Article about Muslims angry over restaurants’ refusal to serve halal food violates community standards
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Facebook smacks admin of ‘2 Million Bikers to DC’ page for clicking ‘like’