As of early Friday, the event was closing in on 20,000 attendees who said they would temporarily suspend their accounts for 24 hours on August 25.
I am waiting for information from Facebook, but I’ve been told that “troll” activity has spiked considerably over the last three days.
Much more to come on this.
Update: It’s looking more and more like this was the work of hackers.
Update 2: The event is back online, seems it was accidentally deactivated when the main admin deactivated his account early…
Nevertheless, I have received reports that online trolls are going spastic. More on that…
- Announcing ‘Everyone Blog About Facebook Blackout’ day
- Facebook goes ban-happy, punishes user for saying ‘thank you’
- Facebook suspends ‘Blackout’ event admin for post saying woman seeking attention
- Report: Facebook says invites to ‘Blackout’ protest event ‘spammy’
- Liberals freaking out over conservative ‘Facebook Blackout’ protest
- Facebook protest calls for ‘blackout’ of site over treatment of conservatives
- Conservative tells liberals to stop living off the government, Facebook bans him
- Liberals Are people Too…Mean, Selfish People
- Facebook apologizes to Kirk Cameron for blocking new movie
- What the Daily Beast doesn’t tell you about Freedom from Facebook Day
- Facebook says ‘Zimmerman must Die’ does not violate community standards
- Facebook removes ‘Kill Zimmerman’ page after saying it does not violate rules
- Questions raised after Facebook yanks popular ‘Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children’
- Facebook pages call for death of George Zimmerman, rioting for Trayvon Martin
- Facebook bans Fox News’ Todd Starnes over post supporting NRA, Paula Deen, Jesus
- Facebook: Page advocating the beheading of infidels does not violate rules
- Facebook: Beheading video ‘doesn’t violate’ standards for graphic violence
- Facebook justifies decision to not pull grisly beheading video
- Facebook yanks gun sellers’ pages over firearm sweepstakes
- Conservative bloggers say Facebook selectively enforcing non-existent rules
- Facebook bans conservative blogger for link she did not post
- Facebook targets conservative page for closure, backtracks and apologizes
- Do Facebook policies banning users squelch free speech?
- Facebook page calling for death of Sarah Palin gets more violent