Clift made the astonishing remark right after acknowledging that Paul’s concerns about the administration’s use of drones is a valid one.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
At first, she hedged, saying she couldn’t think of a “graceful” way of making her point, but after encouragement from host John McLaughlin, she unloaded.
“It raises questions about what he’s up to. It’s like he’s trying to stir a revolt against the US government,” she said.
So now, according to Clift, Paul’s marathon 13-hour filibuster raising serious constitutional questions is equivalent to stirring up a revolt against the government — an actual act of treason.
Clearly, the country is turning stupid when treason is defined as a U.S. Senator defending the Constitution and the rule of law.
Watch the video for yourself:
- Robert Gibbs: I was ordered not to acknowledge existence of drone program
- John McCain, Lindsey Graham attack Rand Paul for marathon 13-hour filibuster
- Did President Obama give a top secret military drone to Iran?
- Democratic House women call McCain, Graham racist for criticizing Susan Rice
- Sen. John McCain says Republicans should settle on Mitt Romney
- Lindsey Graham: Let’s limit freedom of speech in light of Koran burning
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.