After Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, walked out of the Mandela memorial ceremony, Mike Czin, national press secretary for the Democratic Party, falsely claimed the Texas conservative made the ceremony about him instead of Mandela in a tweet issued Tuesday.
The lengths Ted Cruz went to make the life – and passing – of Nelson Mandela about Ted Cruz is really astounding.
— Michael Czin (@MikeCzin) December 11, 2013
“Apparently he’s been spending the last 24 hours under a rock, and missed how Obama makes everything about himself, to the point of taking a selfie at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service,” Twitchy said.
Cruz, Politico said, walked out of the ceremony during the speech given by Cuban dictator Raul Castro.
“Sen. Cruz very much hopes that Castro learns the lessons of Nelson Mandela,” a Cruz spokesman said. “For decades, Castro has wrongly imprisoned and tortured countless innocents. Just as Mandela was released after 27 years in prison, Castro should finally release his political prisoners. He should hold free elections, and once and for all, set the Cuban people free.”
Not everyone was impressed with Czin’s tweet.
— Jane L (@SunnyJL52) December 11, 2013
@MikeCzin How Stupid U R!
— Jimmie Musu Garcia (@AgnesphAgnes) December 11, 2013
— JWF (@JammieWF) December 11, 2013
@MikeCzin you spelled Obama wrong…
— 🎅🎄Die Hard is a Christmas movie. Fight me🎄🎅 (@Queen_of_Snark) December 11, 2013
Apparently, Czin is unaware of the narcissistic tweets and pictures issued by the White House marking Mandela’s death with pictures of Obama.
But that doesn’t matter to Czin. What matters is the talking point.
- Sign language interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a ‘fake’
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro, appears to bow to Communist leader
- Bill O’Reilly: Nelson Mandela was a ‘great man’ and a Communist
- Nelson Mandela…a communist revolutionary morphed by the media into a saint
- S.C. sheriff snubs Obama, refuses to fly flag at half staff for Nelson Mandela
- White House marks death of Nelson Mandela with picture of Obama