It’s official. George W. Bush is the most powerful president in history. He’s so powerful that he can control things that happen five years after officially being in office. Or so claims “Dingy” Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader.
Seriously — that’s what the Nevada Democrat claimed in a tweet issued Thursday:
— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) January 9, 2014
Actually, it takes a lot of gall for Dingy Harry to say this, but then one must remember this is the man who shut down the government because he was too pig-headed to let Republican ideas be considered on the floor of the Senate.
In 2012, President Obama campaigned on taking credit for ending the war in Iraq. Now that things appear to be sliding backwards, with Al Qaeda holding the cities of Fallujah and Ramadi, Harry Reid seems to want to make the end of the Iraq war all about Bush.
Not everyone went along with Reid’s outlandish assertion:
.@SenatorReid So you are saying President Obama was lying when he continuously claimed he kept his promise and ended the war in Iraq?
— (((AG))) (@AG_Conservative) January 9, 2014
— Jenny (@Jenny_IDLYITW) January 9, 2014
Of course, Reid can always claim he’s just following his messiah, Barack Obama, who spent most of his first term blaming Bush for everything.
Remember, Madeleine Albright told us Democrats would be blaming Bush for everything forever.
- Madeleine Albright: Democrats will blame Bush ‘forever’
- Nancy Pelosi blames Bush for IRS scandal, says Obama ‘great president’
- James Carville blames Bush for lack of support for war in Syria
- Obama blames Bush, Europe at Democratic fundraiser
- President Obama blames Bush, “messy democracy” for his own failures
- President Obama blames Bush, engages in class warfare in speech on debt ceiling