Earlier in the day, a video emerged purporting to be a call between a customer and an Amazon rep. That video can be seen/heard below:
A post at Your News Wire added:
An anonymous user has leaked an audio recording from Amazon.com moments ago which offers “unprecedented proof” that the United States government are limiting freedom of speech by imposing unconstitutional orders on private business’, and trying to cover it up.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Lost Leader
It also claimed: “Amazon.com were ordered by the Federal Government to STOP selling the confederate flag despite previous denials by The White House.”
A photo showing what appears to be an online chat with an Amazon representative also made its way to the Internet:
Being the skeptical individual I am, I emailed Amazon and got the following response from spokesman Erik Fairleigh:
“We can confirm that Amazon acted independently to remove confederate flag merchandise,” he said in response.
Seriously, there’s enough about this story to cause anyone’s head to explode. But there’s no reason to make accusations that can be easily debunked. Trust me — if I find any evidence to refute Amazon’s claim, I’ll be sure to report it.
- CNN’s Don Lemon: There may come a day when we remove Thomas Jefferson from U.S. Capitol – Video
- Despite ban, eBay still selling Hillary Clinton Confederate flag pin from 2008
- Hypocrisy seen in efforts to scrub Confederate battle flag from public view
- Rush Limbaugh: Confederate flag legacy of Democrats, not Republicans
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Video: Black woman in Charleston calls for race war, says shooter ‘sent’ by KKK
- Political Correctness is destroying America