Dick’s Sporting Goods, Field and Stream stores has banned the sale of all “assault-style” weapons, including high capacity magazines. They’ve also vowed not to sell any firearms to someone under 21. The sale of AR style firearms ended in 2012 after the Newtown shooting, but were still present at their Field and Stream stores that specialize in hunting goods.
In a letter regarding his company’s actions, Ed Stack wrote,
“We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
But thoughts and prayers are not enough. We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.
We have heard you. The nation has heard you. We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids. Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.
Clearly, this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.
We believe it’s time to do something about it.”
Doing the wrong thing
So that’s the issue- he sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter and now he’s trying to save his skin. But in order to “protect our kids and our citizens,” Stack has done exactly the opposite of what should be done. The actions of a business will have no effect whatsoever on the problem of mentally ill mass shooters. The only thing Mr. Stack has actually “heard” is the shrieking of the left. But the anti-gun lobby is clapping their hands with glee. They have another convert.
There is no such thing as an “assault” rifle, but we keep hearing that across the board. The CEO of Dicks Sporting Goods, Edward Stack, has caved to the liberal viewpoints in order to save his business from destruction. Giving in to the interests of the liberals is a sure way to destroy the patronage of Conservatives and law-abiding gun enthusiasts.
- NRA: Corporate attacks on law-abiding members a ‘shameful display of political…
- Anti-gun task force of ‘corporate litigators’ to tackle ‘gun violence’
- Calls on both coasts to ‘Repeal the 2nd Amendment’
- Corporate war against NRA backfires, galvanizes conservatives
- Measure to give Delta corporate welfare targeted after airline punished innocent…
- If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. And be sure to check out our Conservative Firing Line’s MeWe group.
- So if you appreciate the kind of hard-hitting Conservative news you probably won’t see anywhere else, please visit our Patreon page here and become a patron, and be sure to spread the word.