This is why I refer to the so-called “mainstream media” as the Democrat-media complex.
On Friday, the Denver Post cited a classmate of Karl Pierson, the alleged Arapahoe High School shooter, who called Pierson a “very opinionated Socialist.” But a few hours later, the Post removed all references to Pierson being a socialist.
Examiner reported Saturday morning:
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
The Post said Pierson described himself as a “Keynesian” on Facebook who mocked Republicans and had outspoken views on a variety of topics — including guns.
Two other seniors who reportedly knew Pierson said he had political views that were “outside the mainstream,” but, the Post added, they did not elaborate.
One student, however, did elaborate, and the Post cited him.
“Thomas Conrad, who had an economics class with the gunman, described him as a very opinionated Socialist,” the Post said.
But, as Examiner reported later, the reference was changed:
Thomas Conrad, who had an economics class with Pierson, described him as very opinionated.
So, how did Pierson go from being a “very opinionated Socialist” to just being “very opinionated”?
And why would the Post see fit to keep that from the public?
Good questions, but don’t hold your breath waiting for an answer.
A post at Bearing Arms put it bluntly:
“It’s always about protecting the narrative, and defending the party, comrades.”
Twitchy posted screen captures of the Post article both before and after the edit:
Incidents like this are the reason a vast majority do not trust today’s news media.
- Denver Post scrubs ‘socialist’ from profile of Arapahoe High School shooter
- Arapahoe High School shooter identified as a ‘very opinionated Socialist’
- Haters on Twitter blame NRA for Arapahoe High School shooting, call for death
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- Abortion supporters spew hate over #PrayToEndAbortion Twitter hashtag
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Journalism professor: NRA members deserve execution by firing squad
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Des Moines columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners