If you need further proof of Democrats’ incipient insanity as a group, it can be derived from the primary victory in New York’s 14th congressional district of Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who defeated 10-term Congressman Joe Crowley. For those needing a quick education in what this 28-year-old firebrand stands for, J.E. Dyer has a handy platform crib sheet at her post on the outcome of this strange election.
Another indication of how far over the deep end the Left has plunged, Ocasio-Cortez ups the ante on the claim by some that ICE is a terrorist organization by insisting the agency is running “black sites” on the border. Here she is this morning on CNN:
Her justification for using that extreme term to characterize the child detention facilities run by the Department of Health and Human Services is the difficulties that some reporters and members of Congress claim to have experienced in gaining access to certain facilities, which lends a “secretive nature” to the whole enterprise.
But as a would-be member of Congress, surely Ocasio-Cortez is aware that just last week the ACLU’s Border Litigation Project published a report based on 30,000 pages of records obtained via FOIA laying bare actual abuses at some of these facilities. The report is available to the general public by merely linking to the report’s web page.
Then again, maybe she hasn’t heard about the report. It hasn’t generated as much media interest as it might primarily because the date range of the abuses cited is 2009 to 2014: years squarely within the Obama presidency!
- N.Y. primary winner is far-left anti-gunner
- Democratic Socialist beats long-time Dem House incumbent in New York primary
- Video: Democrat Socialists attack, harass DHS chief Kirstjen Nielsen at Mexican restaurant
- Far-left journos, Democratic Socialists chase Milo Yiannopoulos out of NYC bar: ‘Nazi scum get out!’
- Updated: Occupy Wall Street advocates murdering ICE agents on Twitter, social media site does NOTHING