On Saturday, the GOP-led House overwhelmingly voted 400-1 to approve a resolution demanding Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel allow contract and GS chaplains minister to troops during the government shutdown without fear of arrest.
The lone “no” vote came from Rep. William Enyart, a Democrat from Obama’s home state of Illinois.
Examiner reported Saturday:
“If the government shutdown continues through the weekend, there will be no Catholic priest to celebrate Mass this Sunday in the chapels at some U.S. military installations where non-active-duty priests serve as government contractors,” said John Schlageter, General Counsel of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA.
Catholics, he said, make up 25 percent of the military, but only comprise eight percent of the Chaplain Corps.
“That means approximately 275,000 men and women in uniform, and their families, are served by only 234 active-duty priests,” he explained.
To make up for the shortfall, the government provides government service and contract priests. But these priests are forbidden from working — even on a voluntary basis — during a government shutdown.
“During the shutdown, it is illegal for them to minister on base and they risk being arrested if they attempt to do so,” he said.
So, it seems the Obama administration was perfectly willing to arrest chaplains serving troops in the military. And it looks as though at least one Democrat was all in for that…
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as ‘god of all things’
- Democrats boo restoration of God, Jerusalem to party platform
- DNC rejects Christian gift baskets, cite views on women’s rights, abortion
- Democrats remove ‘God’ from DNC platform, insert Obama’s name over 100 times
- Barack Obama Twitter account: Tea Party ‘extremists’ closed Statue of Liberty
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- Liberals blame NRA, Tea Party for D.C. shooting, hope Republicans shot
- Mark Levin to Obama: Touch one vet and face ‘half a million people’ at memorial (Video)
- Obama to GOP at White House meeting: My way or the highway on Obamacare funding
- Reid blames Ted Cruz for kid with cancer comment, Politico runs cover (Video)
- Picture of guard at Lincoln Memorial called ‘Snapshot of Obama’s America’
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.