This story was originally published by the WND News Center.
A Democratic senator who has been a politician since 1975 assured Americans on Tuesday that if they purchase an electric vehicle that cost more than many of them make in one year, they can laugh as they pass gas stations, as she did on the way to Washington.
Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., was addressing the issue of record-high prices at the pump during a Senate hearing.
“I do just have to say, on the issue of gas prices, after waiting for a long time to have enough trips in this country to finally get my electric vehicle, I got it and I drove it from Michigan to here this last weekend and went by every single gas station and it didn’t matter how high it was,” the senator said.
Stabenow added that she’s “looking forward to the opportunity for us to move to vehicles that aren’t going to be dependent on the whims of the oil companies and the international market.”
See Stabenow’s remarks:
Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI):
“On the issue of gas prices, I drove my electric vehicle from Michigan to here last weekend and went by every gas station and it didn’t matter how high it was.”
— Greg Price (@greg_price11) June 7, 2022
Stabenow has led legislation to incentivize the production of electric vehicles, including The Clean Energy for America Act, which features a 30% tax credit for manufacturers to retool or build new facilities.
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
- Now We Are Being Warned That Shortages Of Diesel Fuel And Electricity Are Coming In The Months Ahead
- Analysis: The Electric Car Is A Democrat Policy Designed To DESTROY You
- Biden’s Warning Seen As Confirmation He Was Deliberately Trying To Make Gas Prices Surge (Video)
- Question: Was Joe Biden Sent Here By The Kremlin To Deliberately Screw Up My America? (Analysis)
- Fill ‘er Up: Majority More Concerned About Gas Prices than Climate Change
- Biden back to the bottom as gas prices rise; ‘ineptitude’ assertion
- Biden Bans Russian Oil Imports, Falsely Claims Gas-Price Surge Not His Fault (Video)
- Biden Admits He Has ‘No Answer’ for High Gas Prices
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.