On the other hand, attendees cheered Mahmoud Abbas and Robert Mugabe.
George W. Bush flashes up on screens; is that booing I'm hearing? #MandelaMemorialtake our poll - story continues below
— Joel Taylor (@JoelTaylorhack) December 10, 2013
Via WH press pool: "Local press accounts say Bush was booed when he was shown on the video monitor"
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) December 10, 2013
— Jacaranda News (@JacaNews) December 10, 2013
— Nabila Ramdani ⭐️⭐️ (@NabilaRamdani) December 10, 2013
Bush, classy as ever, gave Obama a standing ovation for his eulogy — even though Obama attacked Republicans.
— Marshall Lambert (@Marshall_ZA) December 10, 2013
Weasel Zippers noted:
The fact that Bush has saved millions of African lives seems to have been lost on the crowd at the memorial, most of whom seemed to be African National Congress adherents.
The ANC has its own legacy of terrorism and murder so perhaps cheering terrorists and dictators are right in line with that history.
It also seems the crowd forgot that Mandela was on the U.S. terrorist watch list until he was removed in 2008 — by George W. Bush.
Twitchy asked: “Did they let the Daily Kos crowd out of their moms’ basements for the Nelson Mandela memorial service in South Africa today?”
Sure seems that way.
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro, appears to bow to Communist leader
- Bill O’Reilly: Nelson Mandela was a ‘great man’ and a Communist
- Nelson Mandela…a communist revolutionary morphed by the media into a saint
- S.C. sheriff snubs Obama, refuses to fly flag at half staff for Nelson Mandela
- White House marks death of Nelson Mandela with picture of Obama