Call it part of that “new tone” we’ve heard so much about. Doug Ellin, creator of HBO’s “Entourage,” issued a tweet suggesting Duck Dynasty would be improved if gays were allowed to shoot at Phil Robertson, Twitchy reported Sunday.
“I think it would be a better show if gay people got to throw phil Robertson (sic) up in the air and shoot at him then (sic) him shooting at cute ducks,” he tweeted.
Liberals, of course, want us to believe they are all about “tolerance” and “non-violence.” That works as long as one marches in lock step with them. As this writer has documented hundreds of times, all bets are off when it comes to someone with a different point of view. One then learns that liberalism is really an ideology of intolerance, rage and hate. Sometimes liberals become murderous in their hate, and occasionally, they get downright genocidal.
Not everyone agreed with Ellin’s sentiments:
“@lucpatrick87: freedom of speech is only important when it applies to the liberal agenda. C'mon Doug. ”I didn't say he couldn't speak
— Doug Ellin (@mrdougellin) December 23, 2013
While it’s true that Ellin specifically didn’t say Robertson couldn’t speak, his suggestion that he be a target for gun-wielding gays once again proves our assertion that liberalism, at its core, is an ideology of rage and hate.
Others took Ellin’s suggestion to its logical conclusion:
Ellin later suggested Robertson hunt Conrad Alvin Barrett, the 27-year-old man charged with a federal hate crime in connection with a “knockout” assault against an elderly black man that authorities have said was racially motivated.
Let’s have the duck dynasty guy hunt this guy as penance http://t.co/eWwnJECiXy
— Doug Ellin (@mrdougellin) December 28, 2013
Others took Ellin to task for that tweet as well.
@mrdougellin penance? Great, another Hollywood asshat preachin "tolerance" of everything save the other guy's viewpoint.
— William C. (@WillOThePeeps) December 30, 2013
On Friday, A&E said that it was lifting Robertson’s suspension after meetings with the Robertson family and various advocacy groups, but it’s clear the culture war surrounding Phil Robertson is far from over.
- Denver Post: Phil Robertson a ‘hate speech spewer,’ fans are ‘hate-watchers’
- Jesse Jackson demands Phil Robertson ‘repent’, turn from Christian view on gays
- Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f—–g dead
- Denver Post scrubs ‘socialist’ from profile of Arapahoe High School shooter
- GLAAD melts down, falsely claims Phil Robertson compared gays to terrorists
- A&E lifts suspension, welcomes Phil Robertson back to Duck Dynasty
- Jesse Jackson, GLAAD demand meeting with A&E, Cracker Barrel over Phil Robertson
- National ‘Chick-PHIL-A’ day event supports Phil Robertson, free speech
- Goodbye free speech: GLAAD seeks to censor those critical of homosexuality
- Despite blowback, GLAAD researching, may target others sponsoring Phil Robertson
- Mike Huckabee: Facebook deliberately censoring pro-Phil Robertson event page
- Facebook smacks admin of Boycott A&E page for getting too many likes too fast
- A&E’s suspension of Phil Robertson proves liberals do not support free speech
- Camille Paglia: Duck Dynasty suspension ‘utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist
- CNN’s Piers Morgan: First Amendment doesn’t apply to ‘racist’ Phil Robertson
- Boycott A&E movement grows after network suspends Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson