The ink hadn’t quite dried on reports that Cracker Barrel would be removing “Duck Dynasty” merchandise from its shelves when the chain did an about-face. Approximately an hour ago, the southern country store and restaurant chain wrote on its Facebook page:
[Video of ABC News report that came out almost at the same second that Cracker Barrel recanted]
Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:
When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we’ve done.take our poll - story continues below
You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.
Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.
And, we apologize for offending you.
We respect all individuals [sic] right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.
Some might call the 180 a victory for those who thought A&E erred in its decision to fire Phil Robertson. Others will call it a setback for the gay rights advocacy group GLAAD, which has launched an all-out assault against sponsors of “Duck Dynasty.”
What it really amounts to is the most naked form of pandering and a stunning level of hypocrisy from a business that foolishly bowed to pressure from the forces of political correctness. A pox on them.
- GLAAD finds Americans not so glad about Phil Robertson firing
- When ‘reality TV’ gets a little too real
- Christmas carol ‘Silent Night’ sanitized by PC police in New York elementary school
- Delta Airlines apologizes for something they had nothing to do with
- MSNBC host: ‘So many see Obama as first gay president’
- Waitress in anti-gay receipt flap has refunded some ‘sympathy donations’
- Wounded Warriors has no record of donation from lying lesbian waitress
- Who’s ready for gender-neutral pronouns?
- Waitress who lied about anti-gay note from customer was dishonorably discharged from Marines
- Hallmark rewrites lyric of popular Christmas carol to avoid offending … who?
- Universal Studios cancels gay Superman show