As the old saying goes; if you lay with dogs, don’t be surprised if you get infested with fleas. Obviously, retired Army General, former Secretary of State, and alleged Republican Colin Powell didn’t get that particular memo.
As the good folks at CNN are covering, the former SecState is pushing back hard against Clinton’s accusation that it was he who gave her the green light to set up a private email server.
Or as CNN is reporting;
Colin Powell is pushing back on reports suggesting that he might have given Hillary Clinton the idea to use a private email account as Secretary of State, telling media outlets that “her people are trying to pin it on me.”
But since the 2008 presidential election, the General has made a point of not only hobnobbing with members of the Jackass Party, he also made a very public jumping of the Republican ship. As CBS noted during the 2012 presidential cycle, Powell made a point of jumping on the Obama Bandwagon.
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell broke with the Republican party during the 2008 election, to endorse then-candidate Barack Obama for president, calling Obama a “transformational figure.”
With 12 days to go before the presidential election, Powell publicly endorsed President Obama for re-election on “CBS This Morning” Thursday
“I voted for him in 2008 and I plan to stick with him in 2012 and I’ll be voting for he and for Vice President Joe Biden next month.”
- ‘Republican woman for Clinton’ turns out to be healthcare lobbyist married to Clinton operative
- Hillary promises to destroy pro-Trump conservative site if elected
- Hillary: Trump’s death would be good for U.S., economy — Video
- Leaked docs: Soros group tried to buy Supreme Court ruling on illegal immigration
- What’s up with that ‘hole’ in Hillary’s tongue?