On Friday, the conservative group Americans for Limited Government will sponsor an event in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to tell never-Trump GOP Rep. Charlie Dent to stop obstructing the Trump agenda. The group is calling on Dent and other members of what it calls the Pennsylvania Surrender Caucus to get in line behind the Trump agenda. Dent is the ringleader of the liberal “Tuesday Group,” which has been a constant thorn in the side of President Trump.
The event is scheduled to start at about noon Friday, local time.
According to information we received from ALG, the organization is starting a nationwide campaign to stop liberal Republicans like Dent from obstructing the Trump agenda.
ALG highlighted what it calls “five acts of liberal surrender” from Dent:
- A month before the election, Dent called on then-candidate Donald Trump to withdraw his candidacy.
- When Trump stayed in, Dent voted against Trump for President. In spite of Dent’s opposition, Trump still won Pennsylvania’s 15thCongressional District by seven points — as well as the entire Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Dent’s adamant opposition to candidate Trump has served as prologue to his opposition to President Trump’s agenda.
- Only months ago, Dent rounded up a gang of 20 likeminded, liberal Republicans and sent a letter threatening to derail the House Budget Committee’s budget resolution because it would curb the growth of entitlement spending. If big spending appropriator Charlie Dent can’t accept even modest cuts to entitlement spending and a pathway to a balanced budget – a staple of GOP principles – no wonder he’s so desperate to work with Democrats.
- Shortly after Trump took office, Dent attacked Trump’s proposed travel ban, saying “You can’t do that to people.”
- When House leaders failed at trying to get Obamacare overhaul legislation passed, Dent called on them to abandon their efforts to repeal Obamacare and work with the Democrats. After liberal Republicans torpedoed the Senate health care bill, Dent and his cohorts released a “bipartisan” plan to bail-out health insurers keeping them on government-funded life support. Dent led the charge to depose his fellow Tuesday Group co-chair for daring to work with the conservative House Freedom Caucus on Obamacare, rather than the Democrats. Dent and the rest of the Pennsylvania Surrender Caucus (Reps. Ryan Costello, Mike Fitzpatrick, and Patrick Meehan) joined just 16 other House Republicans in voting against the House-passed Obamacare overhaul bill, after voting just two years ago for repeal legislation that had no chance of being enacted.
“Charlie Dent’s career has been nothing more than a laundry list of abject surrender to the liberal Democrats,” said event cosponsor Ed Martin. “Americans are fed up and ready to reclaim the mantle of last November’s election. On Friday, we will call out liberal Tuesday Group leader Charlie Dent and the entire Pennsylvania Surrender Caucus and tell them to get back in line with the Trump agenda or get out of the way.”
More information on the event can be seen here.
Here’s a livestream of the event:
- Never-Trumper NYT columnist: Trump supporters are ‘idiots,’ bigots and should ‘admire’ elites
- President Trump Wants Tax Cuts, But Once Again The RINOs In Congress May Block His Agenda
- Idaho GOP House candidate Michael Snyder: ‘All the RINOs have to go’
- McConnell Plans To Pass Tax Reform With Only GOP Votes
- McCain, RINOs vote with Dems to keep federal funding for abortion