The Washington Times, citing the Daily Mail, said that less than 25 percent of the cadets present gave him a standing ovation upon his introduction. In 2008, however, George Bush received a standing ovation so thunderous he had to ask cadets to be seated.
Here’s video of the two presidents, starting with Barack Obama:
Compare that to Bush’s reception in 2008:
- Obama refers to ‘my military’ at Medal of Honor ceremony
- Obama angers many with reference to ‘my military’ (Video)
- Barack Obama refers to ‘my military’ at G20 summit (Video)
- President Obama: Troops ‘fighting on my behalf’
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens