But it seems CNN isn’t aware of that basic fact, for Carol Costello announced — with a straight face, no less — that Mrs. Obama signed a piece of legislation into law.
“We can all agree that in the wealthiest nation on earth all children should have the basic nutrition they need to learn and grow and to pursue their dreams because in the end nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our children. Nothing. And our hopes for their future should drive every single decision that we make,” Obama said in a video clip played by Costello.
She then declared (emphasis added):
That was Mrs. Obama back in 2010 when she signed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act into law. Well now some members of Congress and the food industry want to roll back that initiative and loosen requirements to cut costs. Today the First Lady takes the unusual step of delivering White House remarks speaking out against that House measure and in another twist, a one-time ally of Mrs. Obama’s initiative is now a critic.
There’s only one problem — Michelle Obama doesn’t have that authority. At least not yet…
You’d think the wizards of smart at CNN would know this, but apparently they don’t.
Video of the segment can be seen below, courtesy of Newsbusters.
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
- Report: CNN used footage of fake Palestinian casualty in coverage
- CNN video implies racism plays a role in petitions to secede from United States
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Democratic strategist: Media purposefully suppressing news that would hurt Obama
- Democratic strategist warns: Mainstream media ‘enemy of the American people’
- Post-election survey shows vast majority have no confidence in mainstream media
- Distrust of mainstream media at all time high, poll says
- Majority of voters view media as biased and unethical
- Questions raised after CNN admits finding, using murdered Ambassador’s journal