Depending on which site you read, there’s anywhere between 13 – 18 well-known celebrities who have said they would leave the United States if Donald Trump wins. Now that he has won and is set to become the 45th President of the United States, will they follow through and leave?
Here’s a list compiled by Hollywood Life:
1. Miley Cyrus. Miles wants NOTHING to do with Donald. She’s repeatedly made posts about how dangerous and offensive he is (even calling him a “f*cking nightmare”), but her hated (sic) for him reached it’s (sic) peak when she said she would “move out da country” if he won. Yikes!
2. Amy Schumer. Like Miley, Amy hasn’t been shy about how much she dislikes Donald, but she went so far as to say that his winning the election would change her whole stand-up routine! “My act will change because I will need to learn to speak Spanish,” she said on BBC’s Newsnight in Sept. “Because I will move to Spain or somewhere. It’s beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It’s just too crazy.”
3. Chelsea Handler. Chelsea is a huge Hillary supporter, and she went to extremes to make sure she doesn’t get stuck in a Trump-run country. “I did buy a house in another country just in case,” she said on Live with Kelly and Michael in May. “So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I actually will leave that country.” We hope that doesn’t happen!
4. Lena Dunham. Let’s not pretend we’re even surprised by this. She said she “loves” Canada and would “100 percent” move there if necessary.
5. Jon Stewart. If there’s a guy who knows politics, it’s Jon. Now that he doesn’t have a show tying him to America, he doesn’t mind leaving. “I’m getting in a rocket and going to another planet,” he told People. “Because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.”
6. Cher. Cher is a powerful woman, so of course she’s supporting another powerful woman! “IF HE WERE TO BE ELECTED, IM MOVING TO JUPITER ?” she wrote on Twitter on June 2015.
7. Whoopi Goldberg. Whoopi has always been an outspoken Democrat, but no candidate has ever made her want to leave America like Donald. “Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go,” she said on The View in Jan..
8. Raven-Symone. Another lady from The View feels the same. Raven said in Feb. that she would move to Canada “if any Republican gets nominated.” We think she probably meant elected.
9. Keegan-Michael Key. He’s also ready to leave America for Canada. “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit,” he said to TMZ in Jan. “That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”
10. Ne-Yo. Say it ain’t so! We can’t lose this talented R&B crooner! “Me and Drake gonna be neighbors (in Canada) if Donald Trump becomes president,” the cutie told TMZ one month before the election.
11. Samuel L. Jackson. He’s had it with this mother f***ing Trump in this mother f***ing election! Sam says he would be “moving my black ass to South Africa,” to Jimmy Kimmel.
12. Barbra Streisand. Babs love Hillary, and she said she wouldn’t hesitate to bail and run to Canada if Hil doesn’t take the W on Nov. 8.
13. Bryan Cranston. Heisenberg can handle drug lords, but he draws the line at Donald Trump. Bryan said he would “definitely move” if Donald wins. Yikes!
Breitbart mentioned three other names: Neve Campbell, George Lopez and Rev. Al Sharpton.
“I’m also reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins. Only because he’d probably have me deported anyhow,” Sharpton said.
We hear these kind of “threats” every election, but of course, they never follow through.
Our response? Don’t go away mad — just go away. Please.
- #Calexit: California liberals call for secession after Trump victory
- Voters choose Trump over evil, media hardest hit
- Van Jones: Trump victory a ‘white-lash’ against black president not on the ballot
- Protesters break windows, start fires in Oakland in response to Trump victory
- Unhinged: Bill Maher threatens to ‘f*****g kill Anthony Weiner’ if Hillary loses
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: